keep warm (chill map)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
wow, sort of glad I'm where I am at... A lot of strain on the grid, hope y'all have alternate heat source?

uschill.gif

im glad that im the lower U.S. :rolleyes:
I'm with you on that jim! Even here near atlanta we were 10deg this morning. My dogs think I'm punishing them by locking them in the laundry room! One of my daughters moved near Chicago recently. They left central fla. for a job promotion. Even though the promotion was really good, I bet they are questioning it this morning. She said -15, yuk!

My house really retains heat well. Even though in the 30's last night, we didn't even have to have the heat on. Just the AC off. If just as cold tonight though, may have to turn it on for a bit.

we had strong winds yesterday and last night..and i noticed something while watching tv last night.. in which i dont like.i saw a curtain move.that alone told me the cold air is coming in where a window unit goes..so i got out there and took out the 3 window units,and re-installed the screens and used painters plastic between the screen n window,, to insulate the windows this morning.now i got the other windows to do the same way..

My house really retains heat well. Even though in the 30's last night, we didn't even have to have the heat on. Just the AC off. If just as cold tonight though, may have to turn it on for a bit.
I'm lucky too as my house is pretty new and insulated really well. I even built it with 2x6 walls and really good windows. I'm still looking fowards to living in a small 1 bedroom cabin though. I like the idea of a really energy efficent small space. This place isn't huge, but 1700 sq ft takes a lot more energy than I need. Funny, my whole life I wanted bigger and better, now I want only what I need.

Latest posts

Back