Kind of off topic, but not? Need help though

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis F

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hey guys! I've just printed out my application for a concealed carry permit here in San Diego. I need some advice on what i should put down for the reason i need it and so forth. The actual reason I need it is for personal protection all over. but theres so many things that go into getting it. so help?! thanks guys!

Hey guys! I've just printed out my application for a concealed carry permit here in San Diego. I need some advice on what i should put down for the reason i need it and so forth. The actual reason I need it is for personal protection all over. but theres so many things that go into getting it. so help?! thanks guys!
If that's why you want it, why not just put that down?

I'd need to know a lot more about you and your personal life to give you legit reasons in California to carry. I believe it's your right but, trying to convince the Sheriff of that is a whole other thing. So You'd need to give me info like job, work hours, enemies, general personal life. However I believe that San Diego is now a Shall issue county so I'm not sure they can deny you your CCW any more. I think they are just slow to respond at best.

Since the courts decision in Feb of last year the sheriff's departments have stated they no longer require good cause and one must now only say they need it for self defense on the application.

I've been reading up on it and theres still a case here in california for open carry laws. But other than that it says that if you need it for personal protection then there has to be documented threats against you. But as for me, i work in security, i'm not allowed to have a gun on the job though. I also have worked at bars and have a lot of people that don't like me and a lot of people certainly know me. So convincing the sheriff that i need a weapon will be hard, cause they have a two interview process and its all on a walk in basis. But yes they are certainly slow to respond.

You work security is your answer.. You make a lot of people unhappy as a security guard.

Travis. In Feb of last year the ninth circuit court ruled that requiring reasons was unconstitutional the sheriffs decided not to appeal the courts ruling.

Okay then that's what I read about. So I can put down personal protection and i should be good to go? Cause mainly it's personal and whoever is around me protection.

Your not understanding. You need it for after work because someone you pissed off while working sees you later on the street and tries to get you then...

Got a buddy from the corps that recently got out and is living in San Diego he told me he put "because I can" in there and got it.

Your not understanding. You need it for after work because someone you pissed off while working sees you later on the street and tries to get you then...
Yeah, thats pretty much what i would write in there. I just want something specific and relevant to my life. and that sounds about it. Cause here at the hospital i've had people say yeah ill see you later or after work and so on. but in addition to having it for after work i basically want my gun on me 24/7 365

I've been reading up on it and theres still a case here in california for open carry laws. But other than that it says that if you need it for personal protection then there has to be documented threats against you. But as for me, i work in security, i'm not allowed to have a gun on the job though. I also have worked at bars and have a lot of people that don't like me and a lot of people certainly know me. So convincing the sheriff that i need a weapon will be hard, cause they have a two interview process and its all on a walk in basis. But yes they are certainly slow to respond.
There's an oxymoron there, working in security but not allowed a gun!

Try being in security in the UK, be it Mall, CP, Industrial etc it is an offence to carry ANYTHING that could be used as weapon, the cops even tried to get Maglights banned, we are not allowed anything purposely designed for self defence.

Try being in security in the UK, be it Mall, CP, Industrial etc it is an offence to carry ANYTHING that could be used as weapon, the cops even tried to get Maglights banned, we are not allowed anything purposely designed for self defence.
Kind of scary to not be able to defend yourself, espechially where security is your job. We take some of our freedoms for granted here, thanks for reminding me to appreciate them!

Latest posts

Back