Latest Scam Attempt...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been a while since I have gotten any spam calls or texts on my phone..
Today there was a new one I had never seen before..

It was a text supposedly from USPS, US Postal Service, saying they had a package for me with an ..incomplete address.. and needed me to fill in the form, name address, e-mail, phone etc so it could be sent out for delivery again.. It came with a tracking number like ..US123456789.. When a tracking number starts with ..US.. that means the package was mailed from the US and sent to a foreign address.. Like packages from US to Canada the number starts with US and ends with CA..

I figured something was not right about this looking at the phone number it came from.. Them asking for a ...postal code... instead of a (US) Zipcode...

So I called the local post office to verify the tracking code, and it was fake..

Facts, details, experience, thoughts.. ??
I get several scams a week in my inbox. I know someone who got a call from the "electric company" telling him they were shutting off his electric immediately unless he deposited money to some address. He paid it. I know a guy in real estate who told me about a customer who lost $50,000 to a fake online bank.

I received an email from Amazon for a few weeks ago that looked so legit that I had to seriously analyze the message to figure out how they faked it. I knew it was a scam because I do not have an Amazon account under that email. Turned out that the email, which came from [email protected] and linked to a near perfect clone of Amazon's website, was indeed a scam. The little a in Amazon had been replaced by a Cyrillic letter or number that looks basically the same. The big money scammers are getting better. A lot better. And they also put put the easy to spot scams so we become confident.
I get the fake Amazon scams a lot.

Today's funny:
View attachment 156958
If they can extend it for 90 days for 'free', why is it expiring? :dunno:
And they are actually telling the truth, they will not withdraw any amount from your CC, .....but the people they sell the info to, damsure will! :oops:
Oh no!!! Not my Sam's club membership too! gaah
(Notice their 'magic words' at the end)
Screenshot_20240817-204115_kindlephoto-2306065997.png

🤣

Back