Left Behind Movie, should get bible bashers in a flap

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raider you got my curiosity up. So I went and looked at Churchill's famous speeches for indications that he thought they were on a Holy War with the Germans.

In "Blood, Toil, Tears, and Sweat" he mentioned God one time:
You ask, what is our policy? I can say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny.
http://www.winstonchurchill.org/lea...nston-churchill/92-blood-toil-tears-and-sweat

In "We Shall Fight on the Beaches" he mentioned God one time:
then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.
http://www.winstonchurchill.org/lea...n-churchill/128-we-shall-fight-on-the-beaches

In "Their Finest Hour" there was not one mention of God.
http://www.winstonchurchill.org/learn/speeches/speeches-of-winston-churchill/122-their-finest-hour

In "The Few" there was not one mention of God.
http://www.winstonchurchill.org/learn/speeches/speeches-of-winston-churchill/113-the-few

In "Never Give In" there was one mention of God:
These are not dark days; these are great days - the greatest days our country has ever lived; and we must all thank God that we have been allowed, each of us according to our stations, to play a part in making these days memorable in the history of our race.
http://www.winstonchurchill.org/learn/speeches/speeches-of-winston-churchill/103-never-give-in

I'm really not seeing this "Holy War" mentality you speak of...

All the Word to all the World everyone can decide for themselvs . In the end Every knee will bow Every tounge will confess .

So, the promise of the afterlife is to live on our knees? No, sorry, not for this guy. I'll be content with an apartment in Hell overlooking the lake of fire, thanks....

That is not the promise for the saved but the beginning of judgement for those that rejected Christ .

And " god" is evil as well: sacrificing the first born, killing a person who touched the ark, mass murder of thousands. Best to rely on ones self instead of some mythical boogyman. No one is there to answer your prayers or condemn you your actions but yourself.

You go ahead and believe that pal. Go ahead and keep confusing God with Satan. So typical of atheist/satanist/pagans. Sacrificing, and murder are 2 totally different things buddy. I just PRAY TO GOD that you will have a change of heart, and actually take the time to PRAY TO GOD, because GOD does answer to our PRAYERS, so long as you believe, and have FAITH. Something that you obviously are clueless of. May God bless you buddy!

The problem with the idea of one religion being "right" is that the others must then be "wrong"....

If the Christians are "right", then the majority of the world's population is damned (as they are Buddhists or Muslims).

And vice-versa....for millions of others, if other religions are "right".

So, I just try and live a good life, do well by my fellow man, and follow my own moral code. If any god wants more than that from me, well, just too damn bad.

I believe we all should be able to live in peace without condemnation of our fellow man. In a post SHTF we are going to need each other regardless of our religious beliefs. I live by these words: "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone" We who condemn our fellow man for no other reason then our beliefs is really no better then the lunacy of ISIS. Because of the condemnation directed by and of our fellow man I see very little hope in a post SHTF, in the end, we are not the judge.

A man should be judges on his actions, not his beliefs. Just my take on things.

You go ahead and believe that pal. Go ahead and keep confusing God with Satan. So typical of atheist/satanist/pagans. Sacrificing, and murder are 2 totally different things buddy. I just PRAY TO GOD that you will have a change of heart, and actually take the time to PRAY TO GOD, because GOD does answer to our PRAYERS, so long as you believe, and have FAITH. Something that you obviously are clueless of. May God bless you buddy!

GOD SAID: "Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you." (Genesis 22:1-18) More at http://www.evilbible.com/Ritual_Human_Sacrifice.htm

Question: "Why did God strike Uzzah dead for touching the Ark of the Covenant?"
Answer:
The story of Uzzah and the Ark of the Covenant is found in 2 Samuel 6:1-7 and 1 Chronicles 13:9-12. As the ark was being transported, the oxen pulling the cart stumbled, and a Levite named Uzzah took hold of the ark. God’s anger burned against Uzzah and He struck him down and he died.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Uzzah.html#ixzz3BUP5yQvC

AND GOD WROTE: Genesis 7:17-24 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark. The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.

So NOW tell me I'm confused about Satan and God. There is no 'god' but Man and the Bible is just a book of fairy tales, myths and downright absurd lies! Written over 1000 years on THREE continents in THREE different languages by over 40 DIFFERENT authors. Yeah, I'm going to BLINDLY follow a religion that turns mankind into a cheek-turning, humble wussy. Perhaps if you read "Might Is Right" :
http://www.scribd.com/doc/57497638/Might-is-Right-PDF and if you need MORE proof of 'gods' non-existence, pray in one hand and crap in the other: see which one fills up faster.

Abraham did not have to sacrifice Isaac and he did not do so . GOD wanted to see if he was willing to as later GOD would give his own beloved son for the rest of us who beleave . All were taught only the priest could touch the Ark all would have had faith that the Ark would not fall . Things were diferent under the old covanant . The ones that are so hard of heart and stiff necked and reject the living GOD will perish agin its not all warm and fuzzy we are responsible for our actions . As well as we are all responsible for what we teach . If you were to cause some one to stumble in thier faith It is also written that it would be as a milstone were tied around your neck and dropped to the bottom of the ocean . It would be better for that person that they had never been born . GOD'S words not mine .

The bible itself is the work of MAN, not god and it has been edited, revised, trimmed, rewritten dozens of times, especially with both the Vatican and Henry 8th altered it to suit their own needs, an omnipotent being all seeing, all knowing and all powerful would not need mere humans to write down his message. As someone on TV recent put it " Religion is a very profitable franchise"

In the beginning was the Word , the Word was past to us through the Profits and Apostials . All the Word to all the World . It will be translated to every language on Earth . The thing about the word is you have free will do as you please you don't have to beleave .

Abraham blahblahblah.. .

Is there a sub-forum that this could get transferred to? I really hate to take away from a perfectly good thread...Do you actually BELIEVE in a burning bush that TALKS?? Or how about the flaming whirlwind pillar in the desert? where did Cains wife come from? WHY did an all-omnipotent 'god' need to rest on the 7th day? WHY do you believe in a Jesus when there has never EVER been ANY proof that he even existed (seriously, not a stick of furniture, no love letters, not even a book in the bible nor any REAL dialog except for TWO HOURS )and that is IF you believe in it. 5000 BC saw the Sumerians writing their legends about Innanna and how SHE was crucified upside down on a peace symbol crucifix and went to hell for 3 days while her evil sister, Errishkeggal tortured her until she got the help from the Elder Gods, got her armor back and arose on the third day. just like Jesus but a lot earlier. Guess those posers who wrote the bible never thought we'd figure that one out, neh? Btw, you DO know WHO wrote the bible, don't you? And that THEY don't follow the bible but rather the Talmud.
Secondly, I have an IQ higher than most and I refuse to have blind faith in anyone but myself. There was no God to let me down lots of times, just Nature and sh*t happening but when I look back on MY life? There ain't gonna be no footprints in the sand carrying my arse. The hardest times are when I do it myself!
If you God is so caring and all-knowing, all-loving and all that happy horse crap, then why do xtians die just as well as atheists in combat?
The BEST thing about being an atheist is knowing that I'll not have any regrets as my lifestyle allows the only one to forgive my "sins" is myself.

Just as I thought you know its true but you run from it because of internal conflict . Christ teachings are not all happy all loving feel good . You chose to post on this thread .

GOD SAID: "Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you." (Genesis 22:1-18) More at http://www.evilbible.com/Ritual_Human_Sacrifice.htm

Question: "Why did God strike Uzzah dead for touching the Ark of the Covenant?"
Answer:
The story of Uzzah and the Ark of the Covenant is found in 2 Samuel 6:1-7 and 1 Chronicles 13:9-12. As the ark was being transported, the oxen pulling the cart stumbled, and a Levite named Uzzah took hold of the ark. God’s anger burned against Uzzah and He struck him down and he died.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Uzzah.html#ixzz3BUP5yQvC

AND GOD WROTE: Genesis 7:17-24 Every living thing that moved on land perished—birds, livestock, wild animals, all the creatures that swarm over the earth, and all mankind. Everything on dry land that had the breath of life in its nostrils died. Every living thing on the face of the earth was wiped out; people and animals and the creatures that move along the ground and the birds were wiped from the earth. Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark. The waters flooded the earth for a hundred and fifty days.

So NOW tell me I'm confused about Satan and God. There is no 'god' but Man and the Bible is just a book of fairy tales, myths and downright absurd lies! Written over 1000 years on THREE continents in THREE different languages by over 40 DIFFERENT authors. Yeah, I'm going to BLINDLY follow a religion that turns mankind into a cheek-turning, humble wussy. Perhaps if you read "Might Is Right" :
http://www.scribd.com/doc/57497638/Might-is-Right-PDF and if you need MORE proof of 'gods' non-existence, pray in one hand and crap in the other: see which one fills up faster.

evilbible.com? are you kidding me? Your obviously reading the WRONG Bible my friend. So typical to only quote "parts" of scriptures to justify God is evil, or there is no God. Oh, but I thought those that do not believe (Atheist) are not suppose to acknowledge God's name? Otherwise you DO acknowledge GOD is real. And the reason God told Noah to take 1 male, 1 female of every animal, and WARN the uncleansed to repent, and join Noah because God will wipe away all those that enjoy sinning with a great flood that will last 40 days/nights. Most laughed, and carried on about sinning. I bet they wish they had heed the warning once the rain came. So, are you able to understand that if one enjoys sinning, refuses to heed the warning, and repent of their sins. You will reap what you sow? Oh by the way... God promised to never do such thing again, and NEVER did. It was FORTY DAYS not one hundred and fifty days (150). So yeah I am telling you, you are VERY confused by reading evilbible.com, and NOT KJV Bible. I have prayed many times, and GOD has answered my prayers in one way or another, because I DO BELIEVE, and have/keep the FAITH. My advice to you is to actually read the whole KJV Bible, and not evilbible.com, and take only parts of scripture to justify God is just a fairytale, or does not exist. All you Atheist do the same thing time and time again, and every time you are proven wrong/LIE. That is really getting VERY OLD NOW. Ya'll really should either come to find the truth in the REAL bible, and repent, or find NEW LIES only to be proven wrong again. This is the last thing I will say to YOU, because I will NOT argue with you which seems to be what your trying to do. (Troll?). You have freewill (as God gave us) to believe God, AND Satan does exist, and live by God's word, and believe, and know that God sacrificed his only Son for the sake of our sins, so we can have eternal life, OR don't, and spread LIES, and DECEIVE (as Satan wants you to do), and be sent to the eternal flame (HELL). God bless you my friend

King James version: Genesis 7: 1 - 24 (The whole chapter) Not evilbible.com

1 And the Lord said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.
3 Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
4 For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
5 And Noah did according unto all that the Lord commanded him.
6 And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
7 And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
8 Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth,
9 There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.
13 In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah's wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark;
14 They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, every bird of every sort.
15 And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life.
16 And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.
17 And the flood was forty days (Not 150 days) upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

continued...

King James version: Genesis 22: 1 - 24 (The whole chapter) Not evilbible.com

1 And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am.
2 And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
3 And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him.
4 Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes, and saw the place afar off.
5 And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you.
6 And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together.
7 And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
8 And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
9 And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.
15 And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
19 So Abraham returned unto his young men, and they rose up and went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba.
20 And it came to pass after these things, that it was told Abraham, saying, Behold, Milcah, she hath also born children unto thy brother Nahor;
21 Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,
22 And Chesed, and Hazo, and Pildash, and Jidlaph, and Bethuel.
23 And Bethuel begat Rebekah: these eight Milcah did bear to Nahor, Abraham's brother.
24 And his concubine, whose name was Reumah, she bare also Tebah, and Gaham, and Thahash, and Maachah.

The bible itself is the work of MAN, not god and it has been edited, revised, trimmed, rewritten dozens of times, especially with both the Vatican and Henry 8th altered it to suit their own needs, an omnipotent being all seeing, all knowing and all powerful would not need mere humans to write down his message. As someone on TV recent put it " Religion is a very profitable franchise"

That is true... Satan has not only infiltrated the Bible, but the Church aswell, and deceiving many as a certain "NEW" poster here has shown to be true.

What we call the Bible is from the teachings of the prophets and Apostiles as inspired by GOD the accepted translations have proven correct . I like the original King James and the New King James I also have The Book as printed by CBN wich drops alot of the The's and Thou's and uses some modern words instead of the Old English that I keep in my car to read on lunch break at work . Most popular translations have been studied by the best scholars for Genarations and are correct translations some have failed and have been done away with for the most part . What is more concerning to me is that one world wide cult (thats likes to go door to door solicating ) completely changes the Bible and one major denomanation leaves out part that affects some of thier traditions . There is a big diference between Fundamental and tradition . I would caution about following some of the spiritual advisors that seem to be every where these days . I will always teach my Kids and my Grand Kids about Christ the atheist have the free will to teach as they please on thier head it will be .

you can't call me a hard-core beliver as I don't go around and preach, 'tough I belive, but I do respect that others belive,it's in their heart and mind and I don't ridicule anyone for their belif in God...it's way to personal...

hope I make some sense with this,if not I try better next time

Look at a little kid and think that there are some people out there that on a daily bases deni them the right to hear the teachings of Jesus Christ . I will fight to the end aginst the ones that would keep Christians from following and teaching the Word from the living GOD .

I realy think the Obama adminastration held off helping the Christians in Iraq until they had been slaughtered and displaced as sign of good will to the Muslim Brotherhood . After the images of the little boy's lined up watching and waiting for their turn to be beheaded and other Christian kids crucified on the side of the road he had to do something so he ordered a limited air strike .

which was very cowardly..west should have been doing alot more alot sooner...and west should together say;this is enough, not any more or you'll be back to stoneage

DavyRocket, post: ]evilbible.com? are you kidding me? Your obviously reading the WRONG Bible my friend. So typical to only quote "parts" of scriptures to justify God is evil, or there is no God.

Rather difficult when it's gods so-called Word. It IS an actual quote from the bible, like it or not. For the record, I've read several bibles from cover-to-cover. Then I saw the light and realized it was all a lie, a scam, a falsehood of collaborative cheats. There is no god.

Oh, but I thought those that do not believe (Atheist) are not suppose to acknowledge God's name?

No more than I acknowledge the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus or Trolls, Gnomes and the Undines.

Otherwise you DO acknowledge GOD is real.

I can say 'GODDAMN IT' and STILL not believe in a god of your choosing. I usually say it as to offend the xtians.

Oh by the way... God promised to never do such thing again, and NEVER did.

So what? Do you know WHY??? BECAUSE HE DIDN'T DO IT THE FIRST TIME! What PROOF do you have that it happened????? WHAT scientific EVIDENCE do YOU have in YOUR possession to VERIFY that fairy tale??

I have prayed many times, and GOD has answered my prayers in one way or another,

Why don't you pray to become Free Thinker? I pray too but Obama is still alive and America is still run by the Zionists. What does that tell you? I'm sorry. I can't write that with a straight face. I never pray, or WISH as I call it. If prayer actually worked , bums would ride horses and possess gallons of Thunderbird in saddlebags with sippy straws.

My advice to you is to actually read the whole KJV Bible, and not evilbible.com,

As stated above, already have, including one in Hebrew and one in Greek, both over 400 years old. Keep your advice to yourself Brother. Your xtians spells won't work on me. Bahlasti! Ompehda!

All you Atheist do the same thing time and time again, and every time you are proven wrong/LIE.

So tell me, how is YOUR lack of proof of ANY of my claims making ME wrong and a liar, in your pathetic, circle-logic-jerking non-answering BS replies? Face the facts dude, YOU can't prove ANY of your biblical BS and it just frustrates the hell out of you.

God bless you my friend

May Set bless you as well! Xeper and Remanifest!

The proof is in the bible. It's called having faith, and believing. "Blessed are those that believe without seeing". Your asking for proof he does exist. Many prophecies are being fulfilled everyday to prove that. I ask you to prove that he does NOT exist. So you read "several different" bibles you claim, but choose NOT to believe without seeing. That is your choice. In the end we will see who is right, and who is wrong. As I said before I will not argue with you since that is clearly what your wanting. TROLL? By the way, your post does not frustrate me at all, but keep on thinking you are if it helps you feel better. GOD BLESS!!!

Irregardless of religion, when SHTF and all that, I'd fight side-by-side with you against the common enemy of us all. You or any other xtian would be more than welcome in the bunker as long as you kept it to yourself.
Religion is the biggest separator of our people and causes the most division.

if any one don't mind me saying; statemants like above only proves to me this is a good community, despite some minor differences people here are willing to work together and help

Watched GOD is NOT dead theother day its good . Most movies have to have alot of combat or danger to keep me intrested but this is juat a good story made into a movie . Glad it was my Son that got me to watch it .

Latest posts

Back