Looking for Mattress Suggestions

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spent $8600 on a dumb Sleep Number Cal King frame and "blow up" mattress. Please don't waste your money like I did. We got the full split, and I fall into the center crack every night. I'm about to move to the other bedroom where out other mattress is now located. Yes, you have 90 days to return the mattress, but this does not include the $2000 electric frame.

I just spent $8600 on a dumb Sleep Number Cal King frame and "blow up" mattress. Please don't waste your money like I did. We got the full split, and I fall into the center crack every night. I'm about to move to the other bedroom where out other mattress is now located. Yes, you have 90 days to return the mattress, but this does not include the $2000 electric frame.
The cat and I would get shoved into crack!! I can think of many horrible things that could happen with "the crack"!!🫢😮🤔 Be safe Havasu!!😃

here is something thats worked for me.
im an old lady with firbro and arthritis --everything hurts one way or another. but i reached a point where my matress hurt. i tried a new mattress,a few different types matress toppers, gel this and new foam that. all sorts of things and 2 silly simple things fied it for me.

i got a board thing to put under the mattress to firm thngs up. made it feel a bit mroe solid but then i needed a layer of something soft to cushion for knees and hip .

was desperate one day cause ive spent a heck of alot of money to try to find the right comfort--so i grabbed the 2 cushion pads made for cots or under sleeping bags and put on matress then on top of that a comfy matress pad with sides that held it together/
it frikken worked liker magic.

it gav4e a soft layer on top while still firm foundation that doesnt hurt m. e i gave the gel and foam matteress toppers to my dogs--made them beds out of them. they love them.
a comfortable place to sleep is so crucial

Back to this thread again:(..

Fwiw, am currently hunting down a way to get one of Sealy's 'IHG-exclusive' Sleep Soundly line (either a Plush or Deluxe) as I've been traveling quite heavily this past few months, and of All the Hotel-beds I've gotten to 'try out' - The Holiday Inn 'Sleep Soundly' have been THE 2nd Best best I've Ever slept on in my life (#1 was something at an Omni Hotels, way-way back, like 2011-ish.. No idea what Brand / Model, etc it 'was', but.. ZOMG, that Bed was AMAZING, never been topped by Any other, Anywhere since, Imo..) Anyhoo...

Here's what I've found, so far, in the 'Homework': https://tempursealyhospitality.com/find-the-right-mattress/ihg/ 🤔
And, here's some 'Data Sheets' on 'em: https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/sealy-sales-portal/pdfs/national-accounts/TS-IHG-SleepSoundly-Plush-Sell-Sheet.pdf ..and https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/sealy-sales-portal/pdfs/national-accounts/TS-IHG-SleepSoundly-Deluxe-Sell-Sheet.pdf :cool:

Now, owing to the fact that you Cannot 'buy these direct' - Seems like a dead end, but.. One 'Mattress Expert' blog (Link, here) suggests that "..you should be able to buy [them] through the hotel" 🤔 so.. Looking into that (If True, or not), currently.

..But - at least, for the 'relatively low cost of a Night / Two at a Holiday Inn' - you can truly 'Try before you Buy' - sleep / roll around / try different sides / make the adjoining rooms think yer making a 'Linda Lovelace documentary'.. 🤓 whatever.. But. Point being: MUCH better 'data points' than simply a few minutes at some pushy Store, withOut costing Thou$ands to get them, first. :cool:

I have temperpedic mattresses. Same problem...

Also found in that 'Blog' link, above:

[snip] "...lots of Tempurpedic owners who are unhappy with their mattress.
A good fix that has worked extremely well for the last decade, or so, is to add a latex topper to the flip side of that mattress.
The memory foam is only on top. The underside is made of high density poly foam. Flip the mattress over and you'll find the very firm side of the mattress. Add an EverEden Pure, All Natural 2" Soft Vytex Dunlop or Talalay Latex Topper to that." 🤔 Interesting, and sounds a Lot like the net-result of the'technique' Lady Jazzy is suggesting, above. 👍

We'll see / I'll report in, if/when we Get one, but.. Fwiw, meantime.

Wish we still had our full wave waterbed...

My old 'WB' joke:

..You know it's gonna be a Bad Day, when you wake up and realize that the Waterbed has sprung a leak...

...and then you remember you don't Own a waterbed. :oops: :)

jd

Last edited:
Back