Looking for suggestions for small (read TINY) electric heater.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
Looking to (only) slightly "Preheat" my ATV on the nippiest mornings, -36 degrees. This is not to pre-heat the seat, but to slightly preheat the engine for maybe one hour. The ATV will be in an UN-heated shelter. Goal is to NOT cause a fire, so "FIRE SAFETY" is ultra important.

I-Heater...i have used one for years without troubles. Its easy on electric bill too. Never ever get or use one of the old oil filled electric heaters...they use so much power its unreal and ones i had and tried got hot and seemed dangerous to me.

Around my area many use what they call wellhouse heater or milkhouse heater..no experience with them myself though.

I also use a propane powered torpedo heater and tarps to keep the heat in. I know they make electric torpedo heaters. The electric heaters I tried were not the torpedo type, and they were not able to adequately heat things up since they didn’t blow the hot air. The electric ones will draw a heavy load.

Latest posts

Back