Looting

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When we lived outside of Albuquerque, anything not nailed down would disappear. Hadn't had a problem at all where we live now, people still leave keys in all their tractors and equipment, and leave their doors and windows open. Hoping it will stay that way for awhile. I did have chicken scratch swiped from the bed of my pickup recently in the bigger town, and that did surprise me.

I don't even know where the keys are to my house, and I never lock or take the keys out of any of our vehicles or equipment.
That's normal too around here. Although I know our neighbor Marlon's tractor uses the same key as ours, so when he needs a smaller tractor, he just uses his key to borrow ours. He has a skidster that other farmer's borrow, and they feel free to come and borrow, the keys are in it. If he's not home, he can tell who borrowed it by the tractor left there that drove over.

If it's this bad now imagine what it will be in a year or so when the country completely collapses. I met a man of the cloth who had been stationed in Venezuela and he told me neighbors would steal everything from each other, they were so poor.

Not what I wanted to see today. DD moved to Chicago last week. We’re on opposite ends of the spectrum on many things. I hope and pray for the best…

Not what I wanted to see today. DD moved to Chicago last week. We’re on opposite ends of the spectrum on many things. I hope and pray for the best…
Moved to Chicago?
Voluntarily?
77358-b72682ffc6bb25404e6ed18920619dd4.gif

We have had multiple train robberies in our area. The BNSF rails parellel I-40 and they slow down on the grade from the CA border to Kingman (at 4,000 ft). Mexican gangs using U hauls. I'd put guards with ARs on the trains, but BNSF does nothing. Then our sheriff has to hopefully catch them, and WE (taxpayers) pay to prosecute and incarcerate them. Far cheaper and easier to just kill them. IMHO But that's why the country is collapsing. Our govt won't make the laws needed to restore the right to defend property.

Jose Martinez in Venezula has written about rural neighbor looting on a different site. He's said they will steal food from the gardens, and anything not welded down.

Where I live is very safe (walled HOA). Our house is walled and gated and sits on a bluff in back. Inside our "fortified compound" ;) we don't worry. We don't lock the doors or cars. Criminals here aren't stupid or desperate enough, yet, to jump our wall. But the local scanner group is always reporting trespassing and thefts down by my shop in town. A guy is doing 4 years in prison for ripping out my IN GROUND decorative landscape lighting at the shop. I got the mofo on camera. We blasted his pic on FB and by 9am the next day he was arrested. And at 70 years old (well 67 then) I had to trench, lay new wires and $300 worth of lights, in mid-summer, because of that low life.

It never dawned on me anyone would go through that effort to steal copper wire and landscape lights. I mean who even thinks about such things? Recently I had some of that cheap yellow polypropolyne rope bracing a couple of palm trees. Some mofo STOLE the sun weathered rope right off the trees! They must have really needed to tie something down. Didn't even cut the knots, they took time to untie them and keep the rope longer. (Bangs my head on table...)

I know, I know. Love is blind. Deaf, dumb, and stupid, too.
I was grasping at straws for a reason...
Been exiled for a bad crime?
Needs to hone her looting skills from the professionals? :dunno:

New Daily Tradition...?!?

le When we lived outside of Albuquerque, anything not nailed down would disappear. Hadn't had a problem at all where we live now, people still leave keys in all their tractors and equipment, and leave their doors and windows open. Hoping it will stay that way for awhile. I did have chicken scratch swiped from the bed of my pickup recently in the bigger town, and that did surprise me.
We met a couple from NM whose house kept getting broken into so they moved to TX and someone robbed their vehicles. They said it was all the people on drugs. I watched videos of people in Kensington PA on drugs laying right out on the sidewalk. I wondered where they got the money to buy the drugs? I guess they stole? Then I wondered how they paid their mortgage?

I'm always wary when we drive anywhere now.

I don't even know where the keys are to my house, and I never lock or take the keys out of any of our vehicles or equipment.
That's a great way to live. I doubt that looting will hit the outer areas - it will mostly happen in the cities. One of the neighbor's here went to a local WaWa and a skinny woman attacked him and tried to rob him. For a skinny female to attack a 6' guy she had to be high. She's lucky he was a gentleman and just pushed her off. Some men would have punched her in the face. One of the people from our church down the street had her car robbed during the service. So it's getting bad here.

We have had multiple train robberies in our area. The BNSF rails parellel I-40 and they slow down on the grade from the CA border to Kingman (at 4,000 ft). Mexican gangs using U hauls. I'd put guards with ARs on the trains, but BNSF does nothing. Then our sheriff has to hopefully catch them, and WE (taxpayers) pay to prosecute and incarcerate them. Far cheaper and easier to just kill them. IMHO But that's why the country is collapsing. Our govt won't make the laws needed to restore the right to defend property.

Jose Martinez in Venezula has written about rural neighbor looting on a different site. He's said they will steal food from the gardens, and anything not welded down.

Where I live is very safe (walled HOA). Our house is walled and gated and sits on a bluff in back. Inside our "fortified compound" ;) we don't worry. We don't lock the doors or cars. Criminals here aren't stupid or desperate enough, yet, to jump our wall. But the local scanner group is always reporting trespassing and thefts down by my shop in town. A guy is doing 4 years in prison for ripping out my IN GROUND decorative landscape lighting at the shop. I got the mofo on camera. We blasted his pic on FB and by 9am the next day he was arrested. And at 70 years old (well 67 then) I had to trench, lay new wires and $300 worth of lights, in mid-summer, because of that low life.

It never dawned on me anyone would go through that effort to steal copper wire and landscape lights. I mean who even thinks about such things? Recently I had some of that cheap yellow polypropolyne rope bracing a couple of palm trees. Some mofo STOLE the sun weathered rope right off the trees! They must have really needed to tie something down. Didn't even cut the knots, they took time to untie them and keep the rope longer. (Bangs my head on table...)
I have always heard bad things about HOA's but maybe there are some good things about them too.

You sound like someone in our family. She was driving and a dingbat on her cellphone ran into her. She was going to pick up a wood stove, and was luckily in a heavy truck. However, the woman did a lot of damage that the family member had to go on to get fixed. She also got whiplash and a concussion and it damaged her hearing. Someone else's foolish choices are hard to bear when you are left fixing the fallout.

Latest posts

Back