Macaroni and Cheese Recipes, Not from a box

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little of this can go a long way in making a 99 cent can taste good .

View attachment 163209

In addition, some green hot sauce has a place to make tuna noodle casserole taste good.

Seasonings matter.
We keep a can of Slap ya Momma on the table. But this canned Mac & Cheese was way to salty for my taste, even with a generous helping of my famous smoked habanaro sauce, it didn't help.

Got me some Slap yo Mama in the fridge and pantry. Know a place to get all their products in a small restaurant where I know you where.

My wife’s first attempt was pretty good with Serrano. Excellart But I think a blend with jalapeño would have been better. But she is starting to think ahead of me

Fresh grown first try, I can’t knock
I like hot, but maybe not as hot as you.

I like my green sauce, but I like it spicy.

We keep a can of Slap ya Momma on the table. But this canned Mac & Cheese was way to salty for my taste, even with a generous helping of my famous smoked habanaro sauce, it didn't help.
It's not real cheese! What the heck is it???

Mac and cheese is not something that I make very often, but I want to take some to a potluck on S sauteunday. I have a bunch of shredded cheese that I need to get used up and wondered if any of you have a tried and true recipe that you have used. In the past, I have often used Velveeta and probably got a recipe from the box. That is not my intention nor need now.
I used to make good Mac n cheese using Colby or mild cheddar cheese. Then I'd sauté bread crumbs in a lot of butter, and put that on top, and baked it for around 45 minutes. It was delicious! We had a group over and everybody loved it.

Latest posts

Back