Marine Corps Motivational Quotes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about going into the USMC but my ASVAB score was too high and I don't like the taste of crayons.

:cool:
I took the ASVAB when I was 16 (officially too young) when recruited by the Navy. My score was so high they said I could choose whatever I wanted. I went with nuclear power. I was on delayed entry. I thought about it more and decided I didn't want to spend my time in an engine room of a sub or aircraft carrier. I got out of my delayed entry contract by going to college then later joined the Marines and did avionics.

I took the ASVAB when I was 16 (officially too young) when recruited by the Navy. My score was so high they said I could choose whatever I wanted. I went with nuclear power. I was on delayed entry. I thought about it more and decided I didn't want to spend my time in an engine room of a sub or aircraft carrier. I got out of my delayed entry contract by going to college then later joined the Marines and did avionics.

I took it at 17 and had some good options, but passed on them all for the infantry. I wanted to engage enemy combatants not sit behind the lines. I was young dumb and full of... energy. But after a while I was voluntold to reclass and utilized my natural skills and provided training to extract information from those who did not want to provide said information utilizing only those methods approved by the Geneva convention.

I work with Marines though and for the most part they are wonderfully aggressive.

I thought about going into the USMC but my ASVAB score was too high and I don't like the taste of crayons.

:cool:
You could have got waivers. I had to get one to enlist because my parents were married and not related.

Back