Michigan state-appointed emergency manager's taking over 6 cities

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain*Heart

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I just read the most startling news...at least to me it seems startling! Six different cities in Michigan are being taken over due to financial fallout. Apparently said persons have the power of mayor and city councils without oversight. Does my paranoid pea brain smell a scent of OMG!! it starts! Please, anyone, do give opinions and other thoughts on this. Please don't be shy about telling me it is all in my head! Following is just a small insert from article I read.

By Bernie Woodall
DETROIT (Reuters) - Protesters chanted slogans and marched on government buildings in Detroit on Thursday in support of a lawsuit that seeks to halt Michigan state-appointed emergency managers taking over six economically strapped cities, including the home of the U.S. auto industry.
The lawsuit, filed on Wednesday by a coalition of civil rights and religious groups, labor leaders and elected city officials, claims that Michigan's emergency manager law enacted in December "effectively establishes a new form of government" in the state.
The suit in federal court in Detroit seeks an injunction to prevent emergency managers in "Motor City" and five other Michigan cities, as well as three school districts, from exercising broad powers that go into effect Thursday.
The law allows the managers to take actions usually reserved to elected mayors and city councils, without city oversight. In Detroit, a former bankruptcy lawyer, Kevyn Orr, has been appointed to that job by Michigan governor Rick Snyder, a Republican.

I am actually for this because those morons can't handle themselves they deserve everything they get. If they were smart they would have moved, time to pay the piper.

Latest posts

Back