Most consumed meat by country

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_marsh

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Looks like we love our poultry here in North America. Kind of surprised me that beef was not in the "big three" meats.

What say you good people of the forum? What meat do you consume the most of?

For me I would say pork. It's cheaper than beef and more forgiving on the smoker.

meat.jpg

We eat alot of beef, chicken, turkey. Some pork. Some rabbit. Haven't eaten our geese yet, but could.
Beef is getting unaffordable at the grocery stores.
We pay for processing on a cow our cousin raises each year, then keep half, so I don't usually buy at the grocery, unless it's a particular roast or prime rib.

I guess I need to move to Mongolia or Algeria LOL
my sil is from Algeria and we agree on liking goat and lamb the most, she made us some awesome lamb chops when we were there

second most for us probably pork , I am German after all
Third chicken
very little beef, don't grow it and it is expensive, and personally I don't care for it all that much

Oh and fish is not meat LOL

Last edited:
Looks like we love our poultry here in North America. Kind of surprised me that beef was not in the "big three" meats.

What say you good people of the forum? What meat do you consume the most of?

For me I would say pork. It's cheaper than beef and more forgiving on the smoker.

View attachment 158344
Simply by looking at the map, it appears beef is more widely eaten than pork- more red than pink. Maybe population???

Curious about what falls into “other meat” category.

We eat pork, beef and chicken pretty equally here.
Me too!
We know it isn't mutton/goat, pig, chicken, fish, or beef.
What does that leave for 'other meat'? :dunno:

wife and I eat Pork, Chicken and Venison, Mutton when we can get it, not much Beef these days.

But I thought Beer was causing Climate change.

Latest posts

Back