Need some advice on grits and oatmeal

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never do it any other way. . . before, I too looked for the oldest eggs possible, Trust me on this and give it a try next time you boil some up. My guys love Deviled Eggs and Pickled Eggs too much for me to have to wrestle tryin to get a peel off!!

I always bring to a boil first too.

But, I still have trouble with fresh eggs. But, I always have older ones, so no biggie.

I got this great little gadget too. It's egg-shaped, and turns color to indicate whether eggs are now soft-boiled, medium, hard, etc. Drop it in when you put the eggs in, and just look to get the desired eggs done, EVERY time. Picked it up at the grocery store. Damn clever. Especially since everyone likes it different.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/egg-perfect-timer/

Wife and Daughter = soft-boiled (still goopy gelled yolk in the center)
Myself and the Ranchhand gal = medium boiled (a little goopy in the center, but solid yellow around the yolk)
Son = hard boiled (solid yellow yolk, no goop)

Another tip, put a little oil and salt in the water, to help with the peeling, too. ;)

I'll typically just boil about two dozen eggs, peel them, and keep them in a container, ready for quick breakfasts in the morning, on the way out the door.

Last edited:
What about Quinoa? I have heard it is similar to oatmeal. I use it in other recipes like black bean salad and filler for meat loaf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife was on a quinoa kick a few years ago. We ate quinoa salad all the time. She finally tired of it.
I have a recipe for black bean and quinoa salad with green onions, olive oil, chickpeas.... it is really good, but I don’t eat it every day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back