New Orleans now

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain*Heart

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Vacation time is here. We were going to the Ozarks but that plan has to be changed so we were thinking of going to New Orleans. Now I haven't been by or around there since Katrina went through. Understanding that most of the rebuilding and clean up has been done since then but at the same time knowing how long things were put off before starting. How much has been accomplished?

If there is anyone that has current first hand knowledge that would be great. I know many of the preppers are from LA or surrounding area, if anyone is willing to share thoughts and knowledge of how things are there now we are here to listen. Thanks so much for taking the time.

Vacation time is here. We were going to the Ozarks but that plan has to be changed so we were thinking of going to New Orleans. Now I haven't been by or around there since Katrina went through. Understanding that most of the rebuilding and clean up has been done since then but at the same time knowing how long things were put off before starting. How much has been accomplished?

If there is anyone that has current first hand knowledge that would be great. I know many of the preppers are from LA or surrounding area, if anyone is willing to share thoughts and knowledge of how things are there now we are here to listen. Thanks so much for taking the time.
I wish I had some knowledge to share, but like you I haven't seen it since pre Katrina. The last time I was there I came on a cruise. It was really strange to be on a large ship that was higher than the surrounding land.
I spent some time in the Ozarks. When I was stationed at Ft.Leonardwood I spent a lot of weekends at the lake. Fishing near Bagnel dam was fantastic.
Either way, I'm jealouse! With the wife's health, and the farm, it's hard for me to get away for more than three days now. Luckily I really enjoy the area I'm in. People come to vacation here from all over.

i haven't been through louisiana since the late 1980's or early 1990's..so i cant help ya on that one...but yet.it wouldnt surprise me one bit if they have a great deal to yet..

Latest posts

Back