OH NO! In Oregon

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bargeahead

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Gee, I wonder how this person votes

https://www.weaselzippers.us/369876...trikes-law-banning-self-service-gas-stations/

Oregon-Self-Serve-300x150.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait a sec. The guy "almost died" while pumping gas? :cry: I think there was a time...don't know if it is still so...that a gas station attendant had to pump gas in Oregon. No such thing as self service.

OK, I just looked. I guess the law just changed and folks there are absolutely "losing it" over the law change.

Roger, I edited your OP. For some reason, the image didn't show correctly in the OP, but I could see it when I went to reply.

How do you almost die pumping gas? I need details.

I guess it's similar to the reporter who got PTSD after firing an AR. Some things are too stressful for pampered pu.............people.

They better not go to Haleyville Alabama. They still have non-electronic mechanical pumps downtown today.
Old guys, remember lifting the lever and twisting the knob to make the number wheels spin back to zero?
Still alive and well in 2018.:D

Friggin' Snowflake....

If he did die...that would just be natural selection...and the world would be a better place for it !!

In New Jersey...the Indians pump the gas for you.

It's better than standing there pumpin' your own and the ******* next to you is on his cell with a ciggy dangling from his yapper.

That pisses me off...kill yourself clown...but don't take me with you !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably read the label that said: "Vapors are harmful or deadly if inhaled" and actually smelled gas for once.
panic.gif

I've only had someone else pump my gas once in the last 15 years when I accidentally pulled up to a pump with the blue wheelchair sticker.

What next .... self serve heads (bathroooms for you sand crabs). do they feed themselfs, do their laundry, clean the house.

647E3DB3-1CB6-48E8-A603-F49A0C994C82.jpeg

61E86D4E-4174-4397-BEAE-64616B9B6EFD.jpeg

29A23F99-ED85-4D1A-94AF-8249111864E0.jpeg

The HORROR!
The DANGER!
The inconvenience!
Is there no humanity?:cry:
DSyrk7cVAAAZXg2.jpg:large

B806A0F4-EECE-4276-BF4D-E47449BF159B.jpeg

It's better than standing there pumpin' your own and the ******* next to you is on his cell with a ciggy dangling from his yapper.

Here's a solution for that. :ROLF:

Truth be told, a lit cigarette isn't a hazard around the vapors. It's the use of an open flame to light the cigarette that causes the problem.

Truth be told, a lit cigarette isn't a hazard around the vapors. It's the use of an open flame to light the cigarette that causes the problem.

Yup, during Firefighter training we experimented with different ways to ignite it, dropped a lit cig in a bucket with a small amount of gas in it, nothing. Dropped a lit match in it, nothing, the match went out as if you had dropped it in water.. Shocked the stuffin' out of me.

But, with that said, there's no reason to push the envelope.

What bothers me more is watching someone fill a gas can on the tailgate of their pickup, or talking on the phone. I don't believe cell phones are intrinsically safe.

Yup, during Firefighter training we experimented with different ways to ignite it, dropped a lit cig in a bucket with a small amount of gas in it, nothing. Dropped a lit match in it, nothing, the match went out as if you had dropped it in water.. Shocked the stuffin' out of me.

But, with that said, there's no reason to push the envelope.

What bothers me more is watching someone fill a gas can on the tailgate of their pickup, or talking on the phone. I don't believe cell phones are intrinsically safe.
The glowing ash is actually insulated and is not hot enough to ignite the gasoline vapors. We did all sorts of experiments and fire scene reconstruction (at times) where the results were all the same as yours.

The tailgate/truck bed can filling makes me cringe. Especially when it's pretty dry here. I've corrected a number of folks who were doing that and explained why the can needed to be on the ground and the nozzle in contact with the container...including my brother-in-law one day.

And, you're right. Cell phones are not intrinsically safe. :wink:

Dave & Bruce, y'all had the same type of training I did at a course geared more for boats. You guys will know and others may take note that many places post " No Open Flame/s" instead of just "No Smoking". Regardless, I don't want to be near anyone vying for a Darwin Award.

I don't want to be near anyone vying for a Darwin Award.
Well while we're waiting for his picture to dry, this my friends, is the future of our country:

00.1.jpg

I found the image insert easier since I didn't have to first copy to my computer. Can't understand why it works sometimes but not others. It may be my old, overloaded, possibly malware infected laptop. I could use a new one but hate to give up Win 7 Pro to have Win 10 forced on me. Go ahead and clean up Dave and THX for the input. You too Bruce.
I've done the upload thing after putting the image on my computer, so I can't speak to what you have been doing. The upload actually works pretty well for me. Like you, I'm usually on a laptop here.

I'll clean up some of the earlier stuff. When I'm happy you've seen this, I'll delete that as well...just to keep out the junk. ;)

I found the image insert easier since I didn't have to first copy to my computer.

Roger, sometimes/most times you can just copy/paste the image into your post. If you have an image on your PC, you can also drag and drop.

Roger, sometimes/most times you can just copy/paste the image into your post. If you have an image on your PC, you can also drag and drop.

THX Bruce, I'll try that here. Guess it depends on the site, hasn't worked for me in the past elsewhere.

DSss_3NU0AAaHiP.jpg
th

Can you see the above image ?

More so the new software. The Mopar forum works the same.

To me software is something that squishes or indents when I mash it with my finger and hardware shatters when thrown against a wall.

Latest posts

Back