okra???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone told me that Okra water is good when you have type2 diabetes so I tried it. I did just what they said to do and I put 1 okra with ends cut off in a glass of water over night and what a shock I found in the morning. I hate to say it but that looked nasty. No way would I drink that slimy stuff. How do you all cook it when it's like that??? I still have almost a pound in the freezer, I don't even think the chickens will touch that.

It takes a little getting used to. I drink it everyday. My wife cuts up the okra to extract the slimy stuff even more.

Just cover your nose and drink up... mmmmmm.... Yummy! :D

I have to admit, drinking the stuff seems kind of nasty to me too. I love to fry some sliced potatoes in a pan, then chop some okra in 1/2 in pcs and throw them in when the potatoes are 1/2 way done. With some pepper, onion powder and garlic powder the stuff is awesome.

I have to admit, drinking the stuff seems kind of nasty to me too. I love to fry some sliced potatoes in a pan, then chop some okra in 1/2 in pcs and throw them in when the potatoes are 1/2 way done. With some pepper, onion powder and garlic powder the stuff is awesome.
I might try that however drinking the slime??? No way am I doing that.:eek:

I might try that however drinking the slime??? No way am I doing that.:eek:
Think I would be tryin to hack it up while swallowing. . . . .BIG loggy would be going through my head I think. I love to eat it, but drinkin it, nope not for me. Maybe, just maybe if you blended the okra up with some fruit and yogurt to 'hide' it. I don't know

Think I would be tryin to hack it up while swallowing. . . . .BIG loggy would be going through my head I think. I love to eat it, but drinkin it, nope not for me. Maybe, just maybe if you blended the okra up with some fruit and yogurt to 'hide' it. I don't know
Well I suppose if someone was blind it might work at first. However once it got in their mouth they would realize they made a big mistake.:oops: Nah. Not for me. Maybe if I cooked it and ate it but drinking that. Nope. Looks disgusting, really it does.

Latest posts

Back