Parents angry at varsity "Fight Club" in High School?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny Lee

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013/02/25/real-life-fight-club-at-victorville-high-school/

There was a time when it was okay to duke it out at school. I think this is the preferred method versus taking a gun and shooting someone. As long as no one is bullied into the fight or made fun of, what is the harm? Sure they can get hurt, but they are athletes. Just doesn't sit well with me and how I see society going too "soft". There is a difference between being civilized which I advocate versus being barbaric and this doesn't seem to be barbaric to me.

I am not a parent, what do you parents think?

I'm definitely not a parent, but I can honestly say that I understand their worries. I don't think any parent wants their children fighting.

Then again, this is a better method than using a gun and shooting someone because you have built up emotional problems. These kids should know what their getting into by going to a 'fight club.'

Of course, school might not be the most appropriate place to 'duke it out.' School is a place to learn, not to throw fists. They can find somewhere else take it out on each other.

I never had a problem with my stepson fighting at school as long as....
He didn't start it
He was stepping in on someone being bullied

Fight club being the issue at hand the school should start a boxing team and let them fight it out that way.

The coach at my middle school used to stay a half hour after school so that ANYONE with a problem could put on the boxing gloves and go 3 rounds.
After the rounds were done it was settled. Either you won or it was a draw.
That system worked pretty well.

Agreed!! However I am a bit old school and have no problem with this.. A healthy way to unleash rage for boys.

Don't forget, sometimes girls have a healthy desire to kick the teeth down someone's throat on occasion.
halo.gif
I got into my share of fights when I was in school. My dad always told me that I should never start a fight, but always end one if someone started it with me. Same advice I gave my girls.

I always thought it would be a great idea to a have martial arts training in schools. Martial arts teaches us many things that help us handle stress and deal with personal issues.

I just like the idea that we can solve interpersonal problems civilly without having to resort to the government all the time. Now some might say what is civil about fighting? Well it is a boxing match, not a dirty brawl. Also it builds up good survival instincts and takes away fear of being punched in the face, or at least trains you handling it.

I have had my son in Jeet kune doo since he was 4 he is now 8. He has been taught to avoid fights but if it comes down to protecting himself or family member it's game on.

Back