POW / MIA Recognition Day

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_marsh

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I meant to post this yesterday but failed to complete my objective, my apologies. Yesterday was POW / MIA Recognition Day.

https://www.defense.gov/Spotlights/National-Pow-Mia-Recognition-Day/

While I was not a fan of John McCain later in his life, these words from his book were well written: “In [POW] prison, I fell in love with my country. I had loved her before then, but like most young people, my affection was little more than a simple appreciation for the comforts and privileges most Americans enjoyed and took for granted. It wasn't until I had lost America for a time that I realized how much I loved her. ”

God bless all who were taken captive, all who were lost and those who were never reunited with their loves ones. 🇺🇸

POW-MIA.jpg

They had an event yesterday at the war memorial in Knoxville yesterday. Showed part of it on the news last night. Main speaker was Captain Bill Robinson, who was a POW for 8 years in Nam, which was the longest of any POW. Yesterday was the aniversary of the day he was shot down. From the video it appeared they had a very good crowd attend the ceremony.
God bless them all.

Latest posts

Back