"Race"?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd prefer the term "culture" vs. "race".

Just as we have blacks who assimilate more into "white culture", there are whites who assimilate more into "black culture", etc. Skin color may play on some folks' pre-judged conceptions, but the real root of conflict is if the "cultures" are just different. Of course, there are many other examples than black/white, but just an illustration. I work with a black guy who is whiter than many white guys I know...lol. Likewise, I work with a white guy, who if you didn't see him, you'd swear he was black. So it's more of a culture thing, than race.

lol,,,I beg to differ,,,,,I have seen blacks that as long as they are with their white friends they are pretty good people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but take that same man or woman and put them with their black friends and they regress into who they really are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lets be politically correct ,,,African

I have seen it a thousand times

am I racist ,if that's what you think,,,fine,,,but I am just stating fact

Last edited:
Seriously though, this guy makes Carlton (from Fresh Prince) look black....lol

So we have a jew who doesn't generalize even though the basis for Israeli security is generalization.
A Texan who believes in culturing.( fancy that)
And a lot of us that dont want to fall into a trap by playing into the leftist agenda.
And a few that just hate everybody.
The left believes all men are basically good.
The right believes all men are basically evil.
How you feel is gonna be where you think your fellow man is. So ....your going to have to judge them at some point. A wise man once said" he who trusts his fellow man, will run naked through the streets.

Trust no one?

How can someone have a happy, fulfilling life without ever trusting anyone? It would be like a form of solitary confinement.

I trust no one outside my wife and kids and I’m very content in that thinking and very happy with my life.

How has this thread wandered across multiple sub-topics.

Kevin, just imagine Trump walking in front of Congress... I'd guess about 85% would shoot him if they could. Same could be said for about 50% of the country. I'd say he can trust very, very few. His family (mostly?), and beyond that? I suppose trust can be interpreted in different ways. I trust that 99.99% of people driving will not aim at me for a heads-on accident. I trust almost nobody that if I handed them $10,000 in front of a bank & asked them to step inside & deposit it (handing over a deposit slip) while I run to the bathroom. That even includes quite a few family members. I think Mav & BP are talking the latter. You can slide that 'trust' level over quite a wide range, from paranoid to excessively lax. Neither end is healthy.

Latest posts

Back