Really good snack ideas

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeeter

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I'm just talking about in general, not post SHTF snack ideas. Some of my ideas would be a lot tougher to pull off post SHTF.

-Yogurt with peanut M&Ms
-Peanut Butter w/ banana & chocolate chip sandwich
-Granola bar w/ yogurt spread on it
-Doritos with melted cheese and taco sauce on them

ALL of those would be hard to pull off post SHTF. Hehe....

Beef Jerky (or any other jerky)

Too me jerky is the best choice, and easiest snack to make. It can be made from any kind of meat, fish or fowl. It can be made in a smoker, over an open fire, in the oven or in the sun. If done right jerky will last a long time.

I like homemade granola. I just made some with brown sugar, maple syrup, honey & vanilla. Then threw in some raisins, dried cranberries, honey roasted peanuts and cashews. When almost cooled down, mixed in some white chocolate Makes for a great cereal in the morning or just dry for a good pick me up.

I tried some commercial jerky a few weeks ago, it was too spicy and too salty, totally inedible, I threw it away.

I tried some commercial jerky a few weeks ago, it was too spicy and too salty, totally inedible, I threw it away.
That stuff is horrible, think they make it from old truck tires.[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I find jerky hard to chew

There are many different types of it. You don't have to make it hard.

When I lived in Alaska, Salmon jerky was the absolute bomb....it was so damn good, and nearly EVERYONE in the compound made it. You could always smell it smoking...damn, now I'm all hungry.....

Latest posts

Back