Sauerkaut

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read that a diffuser, or small pouch to hold the pickling spice while the liquid is heating is a good idea. I have a few leaves floating in the juice! I've never had a homemade beet before so it's hard to compare, but it blows away the canned stuff. How's the three legged goat getting along?
Annie is still doing good. . .had no infection whatsoever, which I was very thankful for! I have never used a diffuser before, if I just want flavor without the 'bits' showing up in whatever, I just tie it up in some cheese cloth or muslin. I also found a small mesh produce bag in the grocery store that I have cut down and made my own tie bag. Just haven't had to use it this canning season yet, but its coming.

:)
Annie is still doing good. . .had no infection whatsoever, which I was very thankful for! I have never used a diffuser before, if I just want flavor without the 'bits' showing up in whatever, I just tie it up in some cheese cloth or muslin. I also found a small mesh produce bag in the grocery store that I have cut down and made my own tie bag. Just haven't had to use it this canning season yet, but its coming.
A small bag of cheese cloth is probably a lot easier to find than some little gadget you stash somewhere and can't find again when you want it! Glad to hear she's adjusted well, however I've never tried barbecued goat!? :)

:)
A small bag of cheese cloth is probably a lot easier to find than some little gadget you stash somewhere and can't find again when you want it! Glad to hear she's adjusted well, however I've never tried barbecued goat!? :)
aww. . . you don't want to go there buddy! ;)

Latest posts

Back