spring time start up

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

realisticdude

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
As I was tuning up all the summer time lawn maintenance equipment today , I thought I would post a friendly reminder about the same.........but instead lets talk about good dogs and bad snakes ...........As I was cutting the grass today my dogs alerted me to a rat snake by a pine tree........... I introduced the snake to my pump shed , where I killed 1 of 2 field mice last week . I think the snake felt right at home there and Im happy for that..........30 minutes later the dogs are again barking by the back porch. I picked up my 6 foot stick and proceeded to take care of another rat snake....WHOA get back boy, that is a copperhead . Dropped the stick ,got the shovel and took care of business................ Just a friendly reminder, keep your wits about you this spring.

Don't waste them - eat them - tastes like chicken. Never pass up on a free feed.

Another day of bush hog fun , two more snakes, king and a chicken snake ......................also plenty poison ivy and ants and yellow jackets...be prepared.

I am assuming you cut off the head to avoid the venom sacks for the copper heads? I bet they would be tasty scored and then grilled over and open flame with teriyaki sauce like a Japanese eel.

EEL is quite sweet if cooked correctly as Im sure you know, .......................Hard times will make a monkey eat red pepper............That my friend is a depression -era saying......repeated to me from my dad...born 1918

Sorry, I nearly lost my life to a copperhead back in '10 so I have a hate on for them. I'll slam on the brakes to slide over them, throw it in reverse and do it all over again.... a few times. When I can figure out how to post a picture here instead of copy and paste one I already have posted somewhere else on the web, I'll show y'all what's left of my finger.

Latest posts

Back