...STINTS... Anyone Have Them ??Y

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone have Stints ??

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Know someone who does

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tim Horton

Old Bush Bear
Neighbor
Yesterday... 10/4/24... I got my first heart stint... They said early last summer I needed this, but since I was in the process at the moment of getting cataracts fixed they said wait.. Cataracts done and doing well, so yesterday was the day.. In at 7am.. Done by 10am.. Napped for a couple hours and said ...can I go home..?? Not today was the answer.. So I spent a restless night of them poking and prodding me about every time I dozed off like they do in hospitals...

Got out a bit after noon today.. No problems other than my wrist and crook of my arm are black and blue about the size each of my palm.. A dose of Tylenol and a good nap here at home and I doing good.. Other than bruising a little tender...

Anyone with experience ??

They will want to put you on meds for the rest of your life. I wished I had been a little more skeptical about what actually is necessary vs what their textbook says. No two patients are alike but the prescriptions probably are.

Glad you are doing good.. please update how you are doing.

I'm having a heart cath Wednesday and will get stents, if they can. Told me to plan on spending the night if they do. Already been told ill probly be on 3 or 4 meds, maybe more rest of my life

They will want to put you on meds for the rest of your life. I wished I had been a little more skeptical about what actually is necessary vs what their textbook says. No two patients are alike but the prescriptions probably are.
First off I have 3 stents. No problem with them other than when they took me off my anti coagulants. I am one of the unluck ones that coagulant quite well, another heart attack. THEN they said I'll be on them the rest of my life. So far I've not missed a day, so far I haven't had another heart attack. And that's from a guy who's family's male line all die from heart attacks, generally before they are 50. I'm a lot older than 50 btw. Take the drugs!

Glad you are doing well. I had a heart cath last winter, but no stent. Got my cholesterol back in norms, triglicerides still a little high, like 195, but I hope to be down to 175 by my checkup in Dec. Hoping to delay anything invasive for a few more years.

Latest posts

Back