Tax time. Tax fraud alert

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I started totaling my riecepts today to be able to do my taxes as soon as I get my w-2. I've seen on the news that fraudulent tax refunds are one of the fastest forms of identity theft now. Crooks are filing your taxes, claiming every deduction they can make up, and the idiots at the IRS send out debit cards that are untraceable and as good as cash. By the time you actually file your taxes and find out they already processed your return that money is gone. I will efile mine the day after I get the w-2. Allready thinking of preps I can get!

yeah i do the same..i get two w-2's.and i file soon as i have both
When I was self employed and owed taxes, I'd wait until April 15th! Now I get a single w-2, have let the govt withhold the maximum amount, and know I get a decent tax return. It's kind of a savings account every year. I don't understand why anyone that gets a refund would wait anyways, but especially with the threat of someone filing a fake return on you, putting it off doesn't make sense.

I started totaling my riecepts today to be able to do my taxes as soon as I get my w-2. I've seen on the news that fraudulent tax refunds are one of the fastest forms of identity theft now. Crooks are filing your taxes, claiming every deduction they can make up, and the idiots at the IRS send out debit cards that are untraceable and as good as cash. By the time you actually file your taxes and find out they already processed your return that money is gone. I will efile mine the day after I get the w-2. Allready thinking of preps I can get!
my wife does our taxes every year i dont mess with tax agencies!

my wife does our taxes every year i dont mess with tax agencies!
I wish my wife would do ours. I use turbo tax now, as there pretty simple and it's free. I used to have a CPA that made a lot of money per hour, but he saved me money when I was in business.

Latest posts

Back