Thanks for nothing USPS

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marv.Schmitz87

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Im in the middle of an international move from germany to michigan. We sent about 30 boxes and all arrived more ore less without a scratch. Well, the move is only a couple of weeks out and we decided to sent three more boxes out with the stuff we dont want to be without for too long. Today i get a text that one of our boxes arrived at my inlaws house. (Thats were all of our stuff was sent to). Here is how one of the boxes arrived:
box 1.jpg
box 2.jpg
box3.jpg
box 1.jpg
box 2.jpg
box3.jpg

I dont know what exactly is lost yet, christmas presents for sure and some personal items. Its insured for 500 bucks.
But really? Is that necessary?
Im positive that every item that is missing just went into somebody's pocket. Its one thing if something falls out, breaks and gets thrown away, but come on! That was a heavy duty moving box, extra sealed, taped and wrapped in extra durable paper. It had to have been opened.

The thing is that all boxes i shipped through a haulage firm were shipped without a problem.
The second i ship three boxes with usps one of them is broken, but nothing is missing,
the second one is beaten to death and 90% of my personal items and belongings are missing
and the third one didnt even arrive yet.

Thats piss poor service in my book.

I will move on and adapt but for now i reserve the right to be angry and point all my fingers to anybody who i paid to handle my personal belongings!

I paid somebody to deliver three boxes from point A to point B. I can not think of a single incident were it would be OK to be neglectful enough so a customers item is being destroyed like that.

Mechanical error? Give me a break! Then be more careful putting my box in the machine or loading it in a crate, container, mounted messenger, carrier pigeon, i dont care.
If you see that a box has a crack, dont reach in and take out what you want!

All i see is that the perfectly intact box i sent away arrived as shown in the pictures. The job i paid for was not done right. Items i use to own, i dont own anymore because a third party handled them. Thats what theft is in my book.

Im not asking for pitty or explanations here. I just want to blow of steam and share my experience.

makes me wonder how that staff is trained these days..

like no pride in your work..

id be pissed off as well.on account that tells me that they have thieves working for them...and here they are. probably giving you some lame excuses.

I know someone that works for the same Company I do that had been working for the international Div was moving back from Germany and wanted to bring back his nice furniture his wife had bought in Germany . None of it made it to his house . All he was told was it must have been lost in transit . Insurance paid something for it but they had rather had thier furniture .

Latest posts

Back