The Boot Thread

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSchool

Camper
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Boots aren’t made for walkin’ they’re made for workin’

Still, they best boots are comfortable enough to walk circles around NY city.

The latest boots I’ve bought and I’m liking are Matterhorn’s…. for comfort and durability they’re good.

The first $300 boots I bought were Danner boots. Hard to top… but the Matterhorn boots are holding their own.

For boot care and waterproofing… go to www.huberds.com … since 1929

I have more to add about boot brand names, pros and cons. But for now I figure that will get the thread rolling.

What’s your experience and recommendations.

I REALLY like my Belleville Model 590 boots. They are extremely comfortable and wear like iron. Made in the USA.
https://www.bellevilleboot.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=96

Can't really see them well in the photo below.
1.jpg

Rocky S2V Predators. They provide strong ankle support and stability, breath well, are very durable, wick away moisture like a champ, have a side zipper and are comfortable to wear for days on end.

rockyboots.jpg

Rocky S2V Predators. They provide strong ankle support and stability, breath well, are very durable, wick away moisture like a champ, have a side zipper and are comfortable to wear for days on end.

View attachment 164329
Gore-Tex lining?

My Danner boots have that. I was amazed that after 10-12 hours of work in factory maintenance my feet come out dry.

I’ve been wearing Meindl boots for about 15yrs. Best boots I’ve ever owned, stand up to all kinds of abuse. On my 2nd pair now, will probably get another pair when these wear out. They’ve been making boots for 340yrs, since 1683. I think they know what they’re doing. My only complaint is germans must have skinny feet. My 4E width are a bit cramped but that just adds to the support.

https://meindlusa.com/

Back