This or That - A forum game

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweater
Sweet or white potatoes?

Sweet potato pie or winter squash pie (Pumpkin)

Whole cranberries Sauce or Cranberry Jelly

I prefer rain, I love rain and love a rainy forest. Snow can be good for tracking, but you gotta remember thst everyone will know where youve been aswell. Heavy snow (like shin deep and above) will suck the life outa your legs if you're actually traveling a good distance- colder Temps at night means heavier gear then just a cold rainy day, and snow is wayyy to bright- photokeratitus is an issue and I HATE sunglasses- blacking your eyes only goes so far. Worst of all, a good covering of snow conceals ALOT of useful resources and can hide some nasty surprises terrain wise.

If the snow is heavy you have to worry less about falling on easy terrain I suppose- of course things are also pretty slick on a rainy days but at least you can see the hazards!

Another thing I love about rainy days is how quietly you can move through those treacherously loud leaf covered areas of the forest and thats not even counting the cover noise of the rain itself! Often animals will bed down during a good hard rain and you can sneak right into their bedding areas with the stealth benefit from wet ground. Rain also reduces scent significantly so its just an awesome time to hunt actively.

Sweet apples
Snow
Rolling Stones
Sweater - unless I'm sitting at the computer for a long time, then I use a sleeping bag, no drafts getting to my feet, even if it is a bit slippy

honey
snow
green apple but I like our tart red ones the most not sure what type they are
milk and sugar in instant decaf , it needs all the help it can get, I put vanilla in it also
sweater

Latest posts

Back