Venezuelans Throng Grocery Stores Under Military Protection

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Washington State - between 2 mountains and a river
Something to be learned here!

“I’ve visited six stores already today looking for detergent -- I can’t find it anywhere,” said Lisbeth Elsa, a 27-year-old janitor, waiting in line outside a supermarket in eastern Caracas. “We’re wearing our dirty clothes again because we can’t find it. At this point I’ll buy whatever I can find.”

"The most sought-after products included detergent, with customers waiting in line for two to three hours to buy a maximum of two bags"

“You can’t find anything, I’ve spent 15 days looking for diapers”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-...cery-stores-on-military-protection-order.html

Something to be learned here!

“I’ve visited six stores already today looking for detergent -- I can’t find it anywhere,” said Lisbeth Elsa, a 27-year-old janitor, waiting in line outside a supermarket in eastern Caracas. “We’re wearing our dirty clothes again because we can’t find it. At this point I’ll buy whatever I can find.”

"The most sought-after products included detergent, with customers waiting in line for two to three hours to buy a maximum of two bags"

“You can’t find anything, I’ve spent 15 days looking for diapers”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-...cery-stores-on-military-protection-order.html
I read where a Big Mac cost 16.00 usd. Not only are things scarce, but most average people can't afford them with inflation. I don't know why I keep hearing at work, "that could never happen here, our govt wouldn't let it".

I read where a Big Mac cost 16.00 usd. Not only are things scarce, but most average people can't afford them with inflation. I don't know why I keep hearing at work, "that could never happen here, our govt wouldn't let it".

I had a conversation with my little sister couple of years ago were she said the same thing "our govt wouldn't let it happen" for Christ sakes our government can't even budget it's budget and her reply "will I can't either" and Brent, there's our problem, the blind leading the blind! or is it the liars leading the blind?

i believe that the govt's of the different country's is the primary reason for all this..and why would fema and others be stocking up on things if they didn't see this coming?

Between Andrew, Katrina and Sandy FEMA took a hell of a hit in public opinion and heavily scrutinized by both Chambers of Congress for having a lack of supplies and not having its warehouses strategically located in specific zones to better assist relief efforts and I believe we are seeing the results of this fallout though it still doesn't change the fact FEMA is an inept bureaucracy

yes,their reputation was hard hit when it comes to what took place with Andrew, Katrina and Sandy,to what didn't take place like it should have...but yet that proves that the diff branches of the govt aint prepared in the way they should be.and i believe they wont be in my life time..their out to take care of #1.them self's..

my friends,that's what governments do,they take care of the ruling class first,whatever scraps fall of the table..well we'll have to make do with those...
atleast you have something like FEMA who stockpile stuff..we have here nothing but ourselves to rely on if something really bad would happen..and still 90% doesn't think anything will ever happen what would ruin their cozy life with Iphones and tabs and parties...rest have some stuff at home and live rural by the way..it's the towns people I worry about

Between Andrew, Katrina and Sandy FEMA took a hell of a hit in public opinion and heavily scrutinized by both Chambers of Congress for having a lack of supplies and not having its warehouses strategically located in specific zones to better assist relief efforts and I believe we are seeing the results of this fallout though it still doesn't change the fact FEMA is an inept bureaucracy
I agree that FEMA is trying harder, but I wonder how much it costs us on an annual basis. Anytime the govt gets involved, it costs way more than it should. I work to take care of myself, and don't expect anything from the govt. Unfortunately I'm in the minority.

so despite being a towndweller now,I don't wanna be unprepped and run around screaming for help... ;)

I had a conversation with my little sister couple of years ago were she said the same thing "our govt wouldn't let it happen" for Christ sakes our government can't even budget it's budget and her reply "will I can't either" and Brent, there's our problem, the blind leading the blind! or is it the liars leading the blind?
Most of the world just goes along day to day, only concerned with what's in front of them at the moment. This site/forum is proof that not all are aimless fools. I still get looks from people when I mention prepping, "oh he's one of those weirdos".

nice to be part of this family of "weirdos" :D
Too bad we're spread all across the globe. It would be nice to have a good group of like minded people working close together.

sure would my friend,sure would...I ain't finding any here...at least among these towndwellers here..kinda sad,but I survive

but very glad we have this forum,we can connect..learn,teach and exchange ideas

Latest posts

Back