Weird Advice From My Dad..................

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Dad told my sister that there are three things you never do in public:
Eat pickles, bananas, or hot dogs.
Advice I will pass on to my step daughter!

Dad: " Keep your powder dry, and your balls greased."
This is a blackpowder reference pertaining to muzzle loaders.

Some days you're the pigeon; some days your the statue!

darn... only advice my dad ever gave me was to keep my coveralls pulled all the way forward when I crapped in the woods. But ,then again ......I should have listened that time. Imight still enjoy having friends.

Its kind of dating advise from my dad...but it applies in almost every situation
he always told me from a very young age that I should never rely on anyone...that there was no man out there that could complete me a person, because that was my job
but I love that he would say...that marriage/relationships are not 2 pieces coming together to create a whole,. Its 2 whole pieces that can tolerate each other
I love my dad!!

Before you spit out the window whilst driving, make sure it's wound down.
Not only that but PLEASE, as a biker, I implore you!!....look to see who is behind you...I hate when people spit out the window...I hate showers while riding...also, do not throw your cigarette out the window...I dislike running into burning cigarettes.

Not only that but PLEASE, as a biker, I implore you!!....look to see who is behind you...I hate when people spit out the window...I hate showers while riding...also, do not throw your cigarette out the window...I dislike running into burning cigarettes.

LOL i am sorry, Open face helmet ?

No, MN is a helmet optional state. I ride without a helmet. I know...no need to lecture me...I know all about the risks I take...had more than enough incidents...thankfully only one arm of roadrash scarring. Learned valuable lessons.
I am I Ca so we have to wear them. I think it should be up to the rider.

I am I Ca so we have to wear them. I think it should be up to the rider.
CA is such a nanny state. MN is too but they haven't gone so far as to mandate helmets...I like that it is MY choice...I've ridden with a helmet...I can hear less and I don't have the same peripheral vision with a helmet...I feel more safe without the helmet...although in a crash my noggin won't be protected...yup...but I have a better chance if I can detect what is going on. I try to ride defensively...

CA is such a nanny state. MN is too but they haven't gone so far as to mandate helmets...I like that it is MY choice...I've ridden with a helmet...I can hear less and I don't have the same peripheral vision with a helmet...I feel more safe without the helmet...although in a crash my noggin won't be protected...yup...but I have a better chance if I can detect what is going on. I try to ride defensively...
I don't ride anymore but the desert was the place for me rode a yz465 back in the day. Now I have a little family and people to care for so had to hang it up.

Latest posts

Back