Weird Food Combos

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABR

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
As I'm sitting here eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Cheetos on it, I'm thinking about all the food combinations that I eat on a regular basis that most people would think are strange. Makes me wonder what combos some people think are normal but others think are weird.

What weird food combos do y'all eat regularly?

As I'm sitting here eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with Cheetos on it, I'm thinking about all the food combinations that I eat on a regular basis that most people would think are strange. Makes me wonder what combos some people think are normal but others think are weird.

What weird food combos do y'all eat regularly?
Bologna sandwiches with ketchup and potato chips.

Ben

In Juneau, there is a Korean-Mexican fusion eatery that I love. And I don't particularly care for Korean food. But everything on the menu I love. I only get to Juneau a couple times a year, but when I do, you will find me there.

https://vscellardoor.com/
Check out the odd combination on this "burrito":

This burrito brings the WOW! Slow roasted spicy chicken, onions, tomatoes and chipotles, with your choice of white or kimchi rice, and smothered with ranchero sauce, then topped with cheese, Korean cabbage slaw, avocado, kimchi and fusion sauces, and sesame seeds. 1

While in Denmark I discovered that they like Mayo vs. Ketchup on their fries. I tried it and actually thought it was a nice change.
I saw that in Quebec way back. Evidently, people there think that's pretty good.

My weird food combo: peanut butter and bacon sandwiches on toasted bread. It stops being weird once you taste it!

I saw that in Quebec way back. Evidently, people there think that's pretty good.

My weird food combo: peanut butter and bacon sandwiches on toasted bread. It stops being weird once you taste it!
Agreed about peanut butter and bacon but in wgite bread. Been years since I had any.

Ben

Peanuts & OJ... normally, I wouldn't mix too much acid with protein & fat, but for some reason I can't quite remember, some quirk of food combination, these two foods actually go well together, and digest well together. Try it sometime, the juice offers a nice 'cut' to the palate after the peanuts, lol. ;)

One of my favorite concoctions used to be a sandwich made of smoked albacore with Brie cheese on white bread with mayo... the smoked albacore came from Point Loma Seafoods. Unbelievably delicious, so good that it HAD to be health food, lol. If no Brie was available, I'd use cream cheese, but the Brie was the bomb! :oops:

Those peanut butter & bacon sandwiches are good too... loaded with fats, but still good when you're hungry, lol. :D

Last night the wife came up with macaroni and cheese with shrimp and peas. I predict that this will become a regular one pot meal.

Love mayo on my fries. I gave up ketchup decades ago. I might use ketchup in a recipe but never straight.

Mayo on fries no ketchup on anything.
Mustard on baked potatoes.
Strawberry jam and mayo sandwiches.
I haven't had any of these in a long, long time.
I eat very few carbs now.
I knew guys in the Navy that put ketchup on everything and I mean everything from cornflakes to prime rib.

My wife eats fried potato sandwiched also pinto bean sandwiches.

Last edited:
Dang, y'all are making me hungry, lol... but I have a few beers to drink (and possibly a few shots to take) before I think about making dinner, 10-4? I'm in a festive mood because I may go riding tomorrow... depends upon how the weather forecast pans out, but if it looks good manana, I'm going for a trail ride in the mountains, lol. :cool:

My wife eats fried potato sandwiched also pinto bean sandwiches.
My dad's family ate bean sandwiches during the Great Depression. File that away in your brain for the potential in the future.

I've never had this, but one of my cousins eats peanut butter and raw onion sandwiches. She learned about them from one of her mother's sisters.

I really like pb and figs, pb with banana is good. Never had the 3 together.

Scrambled eggs fried in drippings are great with ketchup. Covered with salsa is real good, especially if the eggs aren't fresh. Heck, wrap it in a soft taco shell and it's a breakfast burrito.

My dad's family ate bean sandwiches during the Great Depression. File that away in your brain for the potential in the future.
Wheat is a grain, beans and a grain is a whole protein. I've never thought of a bean sandwich but I've certainly had bread with a bowl of beans. Good idea.

I didn't realize until I was around 30 that chili and cinnamon rolls was a regional thing. Growing up in the midwest, this is a staple during the fall and winter months. My job had taken us to western Kentucky and we had some friends from church over for supper. They were shocked when my wife pulled homemade cinnamon rolls out of the oven, while a pot of chili was simmering on the stovetop.

Back