Well I never ! The Mason Dixon line

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Earth

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I just found out that Jerimiah Dixon of the Mason Dixon line fame was born and raised very near here in the village of Cockfield Co Durham , and the guy who made his survey instruments John Bird was born not far north from here, and some local historians say the mile post stones laid by Mason and Dixon marked with M ( for Maryland) and P ( Pennsylvania) were also quarried very near here. And of course George Washingtons family hail from a village only 25 minutes from here.

Last edited:
I just found out that Jerimiah Dixon of the Mason Dixon line fame was born and raised very near here in the village of Cockfield Co Durham , and the guy who made his survey instruments John Bird was born not far north from here, and some local historians say the mile post stones laid by Madon and Dixon marked with M ( for Maryland) and P ( Pennsylvania) were also quarried very near here. And of course George Washingtons family hail from a village only 25 minutes from here.
I guess if you dig deep enough most of us came from there. We were he rebellious children that left home because we didn't like all of dads rules.

Latest posts

Back