What are some good "coming of age" movies?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeeter

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I recently saw a pretty good one called Cabin Boy. It was about a young man from a wealthy family who, even after graduating from a prestigious finishing school, just seemed to lack any sort of maturity.

Then through a crazy series of events, he ended up on a fishing boat with some rugged sailors. He was in for a pretty rude awakening. I won't spoil too much, but throughout the journey on the ship with that crew, the immature young man made a very impressive transformation.

I recently saw a pretty good one called Cabin Boy. It was about a young man from a wealthy family who, even after graduating from a prestigious finishing school, just seemed to lack any sort of maturity.

You seem to be on a real weird movie kick, hehe...

Some other strange ones (maybe not all coming of age, but up the alley of Cabin Boy, High Spirits, etc.):

Explorers
Nothing But Trouble
Better Off Dead
Once Bitten
One Crazy Summer
Weird Science
Wet Hot American Summer
The Gate
Earth Girls are Easy
Beetlejuice
Flight of the Navigator

Sixteen Candles
Breakfast Club
Pretty in Pink
St. Elmo's Fire (seeing a John Hughes theme yet?)
Can't Buy Me Love
My Best Friend is a Vampire

I love 'Stand by Me'!

I also liked 'Perks of being a wallflower' and 'me earl and the dying girl'

The Muppet Christmas Carol. It isn't necessarily coming of age but Ebenezer DOES learn how to become a better person.

Latest posts

Back