What is the difference between RED or YELLOW "HEET"...???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ISO-HEET® Brand (red) is a premium water remover and injector cleaner that can be used all year-round and can be used in all types of gasoline, 2-cycle mix and DIESEL.

HEET® (yellow) is designed to prevent and treat freezing gas lines and remove some water. HEET® Brand (yellow) is NOT recommended for 2-cycle mix or DIESEL.

I believe it's the kind of alcohol used in the product. Or possibly the additives in the product. Or a combination of both.

I am thinking of this from the perspective of using Heet in alcohol burners for cooking. A while back I watched some YouTube comparisons of different types of alcohols used in these burners - which burned hotter, which burned cleaner, etc. You've got you methanol, your ethanol, your isopropol, etc. IIRC, yellow Heet was methanol. I don't know what any of the other Heets may be. They could all be methanol for all I know, and it's the additives that make the difference. I do remember yellow Heet being judged the best of the Heets for alcohol cooking burners - I believe because it burned cleaner, but don't quote me on that.

Latest posts

Back