WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF THE LIGHTS WENT OUT?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saved a screen from a projection TV to use for one, should I ever need to.
The solar ovens I've seen just don't generate enough heat. They seem to be able to slow cook, which is good, but just don't seem too effective to be worth it. I saw how strong the projection screen could concentrate the sun on the doomsday prepper show, and I think that puppy might be worthwhile. With a little design and trial and error, I believe you could make a marketable product. I'd love to get a really good lense to play with.

i saw that show as well..he removed it from the tv..then installed it in a wood frame,where it's bowed,i think..so im wondering if it'll work when its flat..

i saw that show as well..he removed it from the tv..then installed it in a wood frame,where it's bowed,i think..so im wondering if it'll work when its flat..
I found a site called green power science that had a lot of fresnel lenses for sale. The little bit I read shows that a 'spot' lense can generate 2000 degrees, lighting a piece of wood in .4 seconds. Not too bad for both a weapon or tool. I need to learn how to post a link on this iPad!

Yeah, my worry is that it will be TOO powerful, hehe. I need an oven, not a death ray, out of the thing.

Yeah, my worry is that it will be TOO powerful, hehe. I need an oven, not a death ray, out of the thing.
What, you don't like eating ash? That site I mentioned had all kinds of different lenses. I think concentrating 9 square ft of sunlight into .4 inches is a little drastic, but with a milder lense I bet you could come up with a way to maintain 350deg pretty easily. Mayby having a cast iron box, and heating it with the lense? It would be a fun project to play with anyways. My problem is I'm in the middle of too many projects allready!!! I do tell people though, now is the time to work out the kinks on some of these projects while we have the resources and stuff like electricity to make it easier. Having to invent something when you need to have it to survive would be alot tougher.

Latest posts

Back