winter pic's i took this morning

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
might be the best taken pic's in town..but it sure was cold out when taken..
002.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG

love it where i live on acount.very little to no traffic most of the day.so liveing on a county road a few miles out of town does have its advantages..but then again..i'll be playing the waiting game after tshtf happens..

I wouldn't trade a 200k job in a big city for my simple life in the country! Have you got any water on your property there Jim?

We only got the ice and sleet in my neck of the woods. I was so hopeful since I was off work today and have had to work the last 3 times it snowed here, which it's often. Yes it sure was cold and we will be getting it again next week. . . . :)

yeah we got water..3 ponds and 1 creek..but thier disatance is to far for a water supply to the home n all..but thier great for fishing thoe..and then there's a old well between 100 to 150 feet from the house.in which i do need to look into to see if it's worth going with or not.it's also great for wild game here to.deer,pigs,rabbits,racoons,etc etc.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
yeah we got water..3 ponds and 1 creek..but thier disatance is to far for a water supply to the home n all..but thier great for fishing thoe..and then there's a old well between 100 to 150 feet from the house.in which i do need to look into to see if it's worth going with or not.it's also great for wild game here to.deer,pigs,rabbits,racoons,etc etc.
I took these Picts this morning,
image.jpg
. My pit had a ball(or stick) running in the snow.

Beautiful!! You have to be very proud of your home and land! GOD BLESS YOU!!
Thanks, yes I'm really pleased with it, heck, I may actually finish it one day! I cut the lumber for it with a sawmill, drove every nail, even put in the septic myself. I didn't hire out anything except I had two guys install the carpets in two bedrooms. Without a doubt, it's been a labor of love. I used a lot of reclaimed stuff and recycled materials as much as I could. I've always liked to work with my hands, and the sense of accomplishment is pretty cool.

Just got an email from my sister in cumming ga. Her husband was 16 hrs on his drive home last night, but is ok. One daughter had to abandon her car and walk, but got home ok too. It's 2pm here and my driveway is just now thawing out enough to be passable. I'm 90 miles north of atlanta (still too close!), but they got a lot more ice than us . I really wonder why people live up north! Lol. It was really beautiful to see a little snow, ok, now can we go back to spring!

lol...only thing i like/love about winter freeze.is it kills insects.other then that.id rather do without it..

image.jpg
This is my mini vineyard. Mostly muscadine grapes, but a mix of other varieties too. I've got almost 100 vines now, but most are still pretty young. It's a lot prettier in the summer when it's all green and covered in grapes!

yeah same here about family..we been watching about atlanta.some folks been stranded on the road since yesterday

lol...only thing i like/love about winter freeze.is it kills insects.other then that.id rather do without it..
Yeah, it's part of the life cycle. Did you ever see the movie 'endless summer'? Some surfers back in the 60's filmed themselves as they traveled around the globe staying in summer. I knew I should have been born rich, I'd make my own movie, endless spring, (my favorite season.)

Why does it not kill out the mosquitoes? They ice over and then thaw out. . I think multiplied

I think your home and property is awesome. . . and wow is all I can say since I know, from other post, that you have worked on it and expanded. Looks good. . . along with your Pit
Thanks! By the way that's not a pit, it's my gran dog. Can't you see the resemblance? Seriously, she has no idea she's a dog, spoiled rotten.

guess some mosquitoes are durable enough to survive the winter..certain animals blood is kinda like anti freeze.they can freeze up dureing the winter.then thaw in the spring and come back..

Muscadine wine , nice pics dude ............... still unsure about bugging out ?.........................................................only one way I'm leaving my place , come what may.

Why does it not kill out the mosquitoes? They ice over and then thaw out. . I think multiplied
Just be glad you don't live in Alaska, there the size of sparrows there!
image.jpg
Everything is coated in ice this morning! Really beautiful but not so great on the roads.

Just be glad you don't live in Alaska, there the size of sparrows there!View attachment 2159 Everything is coated in ice this morning! Really beautiful but not so great on the roads.
What is that behind the adirondack chair . . . is it a fire pit of some kind?

That is really beautiful and a perfect day to admire it from a nice cozy chair by the fireplace. . . yep, other than tending critters, looks like a great day to slow roast something in the oven and work on mending and maybe a crocheting project!

Latest posts

Back