Winter pictures

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent S

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
image.jpg
i think all of the country has had a rough winter, but we are looking at a record snowfall tonight in N Ga. There saying up to 8inches by morning! Looks like a good time to sit back and enjoy some good food by the fire, so much for work!

nice pic...we barely got a flury this morning.and the flury n snow on the ground didn't last long...and it's gonna get mighty cold again tonight...

Thats how i enjoy my winter in Michigan. It hasnt been higher than 20F for what feels like a couple of weeks now. Those splits were all from one costumers basement. He forgot to shut the door and it dropped to -32F that night. I think my torch hasnt been out for longer than 10 min at any customer. Lol
I love the winter and dont mind the cold. im mostly working over 12h a day making enough dough and overtime to enjoy the summer to the fullest. If it ever comes. Lol
uploadfromtaptalk1424915037713.jpg

I can't even imagine how cold -32 feels! What moron wouldn't freeze protect if that extreme cold was even a possibility. Oh well, that's job security for you :).

It is job security. Lol. The winters are cold enough for pipes to burst and furnaces to fail and the summers are hot enough that nobody wants to live without AC.
And no, most of the old houses do not have insulated pipes. Although yesterday i worked in a really nice mansion overlooking lake huron. If it gets so cold, insulation sometimes just doesnt cut it anymore.

Heck, even in FL, there was at least one day when we actually had the faucets dripping, and wrapped up the well pump. Made neat little icicles under each faucet....yes...in Florida!

Latest posts

Back