Woodworking projects.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rimfiredude43

Friend
Neighbor
As i am new to forum i am wanting too see if there r anymore woodworkers on here?woodworking has been good to me and i always like to build projects for wife and family.just a amauteur woodworker.here are a few projects built in the last year.pie safe.hand dovetailed sugar chest .dovetailed basket .poplar nightstand.knife case.portable chicken tractor(added wheels and feeders since the pics were taken)me and the wife really like old looking stuff.but i would like to see pics of everybodys projects finished or not. Anyway here we go.
6e4b53c3cd0158aa26d3499d871f2e01.jpg
223935f3911922e338b0b430a6db41c3.jpg
ae38c149a478eb31900cde4d58c7577d.jpg
024e1d267e2f035cdfac8dbeba411071.jpg
ebc5f304b6ed58bfa54e4baae5f72990.jpg
f67e14789fbad9dcccd795ce0f2ab811.jpg
ab64c7dfb3ca486d0d9766602639f851.jpg
59f54f7e854d3196e0263a11bc5be8b6.jpg
44b953e927917fff0f2f85c29be03bb8.jpg

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I've always made my own practice weapons out of exotic hardwoods like cocobolo or bocote or purple heart.. That's about as handy as I get with wood..

Woodworking is my favorite hobby. Antique replicas top my list as well. I really love early country styled stuff. It's really cool to make exactly what you like or imagine instead of settling for something close. I have stacks of lumber, walnut, white oak, cherry, aromatic cedar, white pine, and more, but rarely have the time to build things lately. Hope this inspires me to start a trestle table I've wanted to do for a while now. Love the sugar bin!

Yeah. We like the antique looking stuff too and we make sruff that we really cant affird to buy .in our area a good southern sugar ches in original finish will usually bring at least 2500-4000 and good early pie safes are high too so we build instead of buying.plus like u said u can make it your own.

You do beautiful work. I really like early american styles too. Love the fact that you kept the wood in a natural form. Nothing worst than adding paint. . . just makes me want to strip it off!

I have painted some stuff in the past usually though with crackle paint. but i much prefer natural finishes. i really want to try general finishes dye stain on some furniture.but i havent ordered any yet .but i have seen some of there finishes with the dye stain and they really pop.but talking about stripping furniture i have stripped literally hundreds of pieces of furniture were i used to work and just hate doing it. now ill usually pass over a piece of furniture if it needs stripping unless it is dirt cheap .taking off paint sometimes is easy but other times the only way to get it off is to scrape it off.and that aint any fun!

I have painted some stuff in the past usually though with crackle paint. but i much prefer natural finishes. i really want to try general finishes dye stain on some furniture.but i havent ordered any yet .but i have seen some of there finishes with the dye stain and they really pop.but talking about stripping furniture i have stripped literally hundreds of pieces of furniture were i used to work and just hate doing it. now ill usually pass over a piece of furniture if it needs stripping unless it is dirt cheap .taking off paint sometimes is easy but other times the only way to get it off is to scrape it off.and that aint any fun!

And sometimes when your stripping a piece you find out why they painted it. I have seen pieces with a bad stain or gouge filled with putty that was hidden until the three coats of paint were removed. Agreed that it's too much work and too many nasty chemicals involved. I can usually make a piece easier than stripping and refinishing it.

Latest posts

Back