Yellowstone ?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already have mine booked for August, same sites (plus Cody as I love that town). I'll let you know if the whole thing explodes. Well, maybe not. We'll see how far I "go up in smoke".
I’m now thinking about putting together a “Yellowstone Survivor’s Pack”

A jet pack with a parachute that functions as a hot air balloon. Complete with heat source for the hot air and oxygen mask.

I’m now thinking about putting together a “Yellowstone Survivor’s Pack”

A jet pack with a parachute that functions as a hot air balloon. Complete with heat source for the hot air and oxygen mask.
Let's do it! We do have to incorporate the bison riding escape plan that was previously mentioned. Still haven't found a saddle for that trip. :)

Let's do it! We do have to incorporate the bison riding escape plan that was previously mentioned. Still haven't found a saddle for that trip. :)
I read about that. I figure the bison would know when to run, so that’s a plus. I’m just not sure if they would what’s the best direction to run. 🤔

OK, maybe bison aren't the best option. What do they have to strap my old ass to a couple of eagles to fly me away?
I’m seeing the possibility to produce and sell a few novelty items. Beyond that…. I’ll go with a tough and EMP proof off road SUV camper, and pray that by the grace of God I’d survive.

LOL - I lived on Catalina Is for a season back in the late 70's. There was quite a few buffalo that had reproduced after being left after a movie, I think in the 30's.

Well one night after closing down the bar, my friends and I were sauntering (OK, stumbling) back to our boats when someone got the bright idea to try to ride one. As it turns out, they don't like being ridden, and even though they look like they are sleeping, they aren't. Anyway I don't remember a whole lot, but I do remember an idiot (not me, I'm dumb, but not buffalo riding dumb) actually got close enough to grab it's hair and try to swing aboard.

Well, if you've ever seen a drunk try to let go of a running buffalo without getting stomped you know how that ended. Anyway, nobody died, got gored, or was arrested, and we kept our distance after that. :D

The sun watchers believe that earth quakes and or volcanos are connected pretty hard to know, but our weather is not caused by cows farting, in fact grazing animals lower methane release, of course that won't show up in peer reviewed science........

Latest posts

Back