My cancer journey.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She has not passed!!
I AGREE ! especially since she was in hospital and being transferred to a better one and had the huge issue with her phone and we only got update because of a nurse letting her use her phone.

She is still in the fight,its what i want to believe and only with time will we know for sure.

I wish people would pick at least one person to stay in contact with and give that person a contact person. Grizz just disappeared. Sentry at least said goodby. Others have had family contact the forum.

I have many contacts and phone numbers provided to me with confidence that these numbers would only be used for dire emergencies. I understand some have trust issues, so I would recommend using a "buddy" system where a member could use a like minded member, share their information with each other, so if one drops out, a quick phone call could ensure their safety and well being.

I have many contacts and phone numbers provided to me with confidence that these numbers would only be used for dire emergencies. I understand some have trust issues, so I would recommend using a "buddy" system where a member could use a like minded member, share their information with each other, so if one drops out, a quick phone call could ensure their safety and well being.
I would add a little to that. Picking a couple people would assure that if your trusted person is sick or killed you have a backup. Also, if you die or become incapable of communicating a contact person with either a phone number or email could be a last ditch effort.

Thanks, havasu, for being that resource for our community.

Although I have helped this company for about 15 years, I have received 5-6 posts that have absolutely floored me. Most start out with someone using the same screen name of a familiar face I have known for years, but their name just dropped off. They will continue with, "You don't know me, but I am the wife of ......, and wanted to let you know that ...... died a few weeks ago, and I am now going through the computer and realize you were the forum that ...... talked about often....."

I've gained a true respect for the person who I can easily call a friend, a companion, and someone I have talked to daily.

I use to live close to another moderator, who became an Admin as I also was, which is just a glorified moderator with just a few more buttons. This "internet friend" is named Chris, who no longer admins for the company, and has now moved out of state, but we talk daily. Whenever he comes to town, we meet for lunch, catch up on mutual BS, and share in a few laughs.

Chris knows I will be there in need 24 hours a day, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. I could call him and I guarantee everyone that he would be on a flight within an hour, and be there for me, just as I would for him.

Internet friends are just like family, but alot better.

I apologize for my Saturday morning lecture, but just want everyone to know that a friend is a friend, whether in person or on the internet.

I lost my brother and aunt last October 25th, both to cancer! My aunt's cancer had spread to her hip and femur. TG posted on May 3rd that her cancer spread to her hip! My aunt was in horrible pain, lost her ability to communicate, and lost her fight 2 months after it went to her bones! I pray for God to send a sign......

I lost my brother and aunt last October 25th, both to cancer! My aunt's cancer had spread to her hip and femur. TG posted on May 3rd that her cancer spread to her hip! My aunt was in horrible pain, lost her ability to communicate, and lost her fight 2 months after it went to her bones! I pray for God to send a sign......
Me too 💕

Back