Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brutus snoozing on his pillow, NOT AI :p

1713728922877.png

I found these odd photos, not sure if its a real coach or a mockup for entertainment. Supposedly found in new orleans.
--------

label.. This is a Victorian-age funeral hearse. It was discovered in the shed at an old cemetery in NOLA.

This is a01.jpg

This is a02.jpg

Last edited:
I got two new clematis today. I planted them around the same trellis so when in full bloom there will be two different flowers.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.png
    IMG_1641.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1639.jpeg
    IMG_1639.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1640.jpeg
    IMG_1640.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I got two new clematis today. I planted them around the same trellis so when I’m full bloom there will be two different flowers.

I've never seen the ornamental varieties. The blooms are huge, striking. Do you have other ones growing? Got more pics?

I only see it growing wild here. See two species each summer, there's a 3rd one i rarely see.

They grow beside small rural roads, most often gravel. I've forgotten the name of this first one. the 2nd one is devils darning needles, shaggy looking. One is covered in dust from the road, blooms in august.

20230831_clematis_328sm.jpg20230831_clematis_402a.jpg

Dusty
Clemantis a Ddn 3)a.jpg

After a rain, it really looks like this. Odd clematis huh?
Clemantis a Ddn 7)a.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting. I didn’t know they grow wild. I’ll have more pictures of mine as they grow and bloom.

What do you know about wild wisteria. I have some volunteers that came up last year. It was the first year in our house. I gave it a trellis but it hasn’t bloomed. I wish it would.

Very interesting. I didn’t know they grow wild. I’ll have more pictures of mine as they grow and bloom.

What do you know about wild wisteria. I have some volunteers that came up last year. It was the first year in our house. I gave it a trellis but it hasn’t bloomed. I wish it would.

This is Wisteria frutescens aka American wisteria in my yard, a native wild species (first pic). It’s easy to tame into a bush. Puts out runners but its fairly easy to control.

Second pic… Wisteria sinensis aka Chinese wisteria. It is super aggressive, will kill the trees in your yard it you don’t control it. It’s a never ending battle. I don’t want it anywhere on my farm, even in the woods. Its very common on roadsides in spring.

American - Wisteria frutescens
wiz20230313_163630a.jpg

Chinese - Wisteria sinensis
Wisteria  (2).jpg

Last edited:
I put these in another thread by mistake, too tired to move it so... A few years ago I found this sail boat in the middle of a forest, 300miles from the ocean and miles from a paved road. First time I saw it I’d hiked in a mile off a dirt road. Now I know it’s much closer to another dirt road. That's where I went in today. Still makes me laugh… Who parks a sail boat in a forest? 🤣

20240425 sail01.jpg
20240425 sail02.jpg

Last edited:
I put these in another thread by mistake, too tired to move it so... A few years ago I found this sail boat in the middle of a forest, 300miles from the ocean and miles from a paved road. First time I saw it I’d hiked in a mile off a dirt road. Now I know it’s much closer to another dirt road. That's where I went in today. Still makes me laugh… Who parks a sail boat in a forest? 🤣

View attachment 128800View attachment 128801
Alcohol may have been involved!!😮

Today i noticed signs that someone had been there in the last month or so. Fairly fresh empty beer cans. A purse with nothing in it, getting rid of evidence?

Or some guy or gal still wondering how to get that boat to the ocean? 🤣 Have a few beers and think on it...

Last edited:
Today i notice signs that someone had been there in the last month or so. Fairly fresh empty beer cans. A purse with nothing in it, getting rid of evidence?

Or some guy or gal still wondering how to get that boat to the ocean? 🤣 Have a few beers and think on it...
The party bardge!!

How nutty have our laws gotten?
DW ordered some blue orchids from Ohio.
No big deal, right?
IMG_20240426_182053.jpg
These are the certificates it had to have in order to be shipped out of Ohio:
Japanese Beetle quarantine compliance.
Spotted Lanternfly quarantine compliance.
Ohio Spongy Moth Master Certificate.
IMG_20240426_181412.jpg

Last edited:
How nutty have our laws gotten?
DW ordered some blue orchids from Ohio.
No big deal, right?
View attachment 128867
These are the certificates it had to have in order to be shipped out of Ohio:
Japanese Beetle quarantine compliance.
Spotted Lanternfly quarantine compliance.
Ohio Spongy Moth Master Certificate.
View attachment 128868
I think it is a good thing they are required to have that certifications.
We have a Japanese Beetle infestation going at home.
They can devastate the local farms.
Everything listed on that form is an invasive species and needs to be controlled.
You do not want those insects in your area.
In Washington you are not allowed to transport home grown apples to other areas due to the Gypsy Moth.
They can wipe out a commercial apple farm.

I think it is a good thing they are required to have that certifications.
We have a Japanese Beetle infestation going at home.
They can devastate the local farms.
Everything listed on that form is an invasive species and needs to be controlled.
You do not want those insects in your area.
In Washington you are not allowed to transport home grown apples to other areas due to the Gypsy Moth.
They can wipe out a commercial apple farm.
Just pray you never have to fight Army-Worms :oops:.
They can chew an entire cattle pasture down to the dirt in just a few weeks.
army-worms_2925977.jpg

Knowing what I know today, I would call in the C-130's at first sighting. :waiting:

Latest posts

Back