• Two New features staring today. - The first will security lock account if user didn't login for two years - The second will warn and security lock account if password found in data breach ( even if user is recently active) .. it will also warn users about weak passwords during registration. The compromised is from a data base list, and not from anything on this forum. If you are logged in all the time, this will not effect you. It only works when logging in.

Adventures in Country Living

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take tons of pics also, left the house without my phone this afternoon. I DO like to have the physical plant in my hand, though, to see the fine details, shapes, etc. I guess I'm tactile that way. I also like having the books in my hand too.. may not always have the internet *wink. It's a fun hobby and you never run out of plants!

Maters coming along!

20240524_113955.jpg

My new additions. Male and female below. I need names!
View attachment 155569View attachment 155570

Bobby and Socks? The black one looks like he's trying to cool off. Don't forget the ice paks! I only used them on the hottest afternoons when i had bunnies. I'd stick one in each cage at lunch, retrieve them at dark and put them back in the freezer over night. It seemed to help them during heat waves.

Bobby and Socks? The black one looks like he's trying to cool off. Don't forget the ice paks! I only used them on the hottest afternoons when i had bunnies. I'd stick one in each cage at lunch, retrieve them at dark and put them back in the freezer over night. It seemed to help them during heat waves.
Yesss... I just got home with them, put them in a cage and took pics. It is HOT. Water bottles already in the freezer for tomorrow. I moved them to deep shade until the sun went behind the pine trees. I need to decide on a permanent place for them and get the fans rigged up also.

My bff and I showed rabbits years ago. I'm just trying to ease into a few for clean meat for the freezer. They will be ready to breed late fall.

Kinda funny. I "inherited" a HUGE bread book. One of their sourdough starter recipes used honey. I decided to make it. I honestly questioned the amounts of the ingredients with quart sized container they said to put it in, So I used 2 containers and split the starter. This starter also used a yeast (booster). Well, apparently yeast loves honey, 'cause an hour later that starter had busted through the coffee filter top and was spilling out all over the counter. The picture above was after the mess, what I managed to keep and it still filled up two jars again. I kinda wished I had just made bread and this was the first amazing rise.. oh boy.

I'll have to tweak that starter recipe.. lol
Us a half gallon mason jar.
That's what I use for sourdough starter.

Latest posts

Back