Anniversary Question

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are alternatives to roses, but that requires creativity.
Pretty much anything but roses works for me. I do not like the things. I can't tell you how many clothes I have ripped on the thorns from all the rose bushes growing around our driveway and walks. Roses are the main reason I switched from thin-skinned down jackets to Carhartt stuff. You can't rip a Carhartt.

Nuisance plants IMHO, one step below thistles.

Pretty much anything but roses works for me. I do not like the things. I can't tell you how many clothes I have ripped on the thorns from all the rose bushes growing around our driveway and walks. Roses are the main reason I switched from thin-skinned down jackets to Carhartt stuff. You can't rip a Carhartt.

Nuisance plants IMHO, one step below thistles.
My daughter worked in a flower shop for a couple years. Valentine's Day is a big rose day. They had to remove all the thorns from the roses. The employees ended up with lots of blood, in spite of wearing gloves and using tools. She also says anything but roses.

When she got home from her surgery and I went to do some shopping for her, I bought her an orchid. She likes them. I have gotten her a few over the years. I get them at Trader Joes and they have done well for her.

Need some advice, do you think my wife will count the roses in a vase. Want to tell her I got her a rose for each year we have been married 27 but only want to buy two dozen.
Not only count them, she will tell everyone you know that you can not count.
I would go with Jet Stone, also.

Before you splash the cash- does she like roses? My husband makes me a bouquet of potato chips because flowers die, I don't have a sweet tooth, but I love a chip!
Maybe plant a tree instead? It will last longer.

Ok, I'm going to say it: Am I the only one that thinks buying cut flowers is STUPID. Sure pretty at first & then petals all over the place & nothing to show for it. And here in the states they are EXPENSIVE!!! It just seems to me that we have been brain washed by the propaganda of floriests & candy makers to buy their products. It just seems to me that spending money for something that is short lived rather than something that will last a year or two (or more) is dumb.

Ok, I'm going to say it: Am I the only one that thinks buying cut flowers is STUPID. Sure pretty at first & then petals all over the place & nothing to show for it. And here in the states they are EXPENSIVE!!! It just seems to me that we have been brain washed by the propaganda of floriests & candy makers to buy their products. It just seems to me that spending money for something that is short lived rather than something that will last a year or two (or more) is dumb.

Oh I think it's stupid too, but I do a lot of stupid things to make the lady happy. And I will continue to do a lot of stupid things to keep her happy.

As my pops used to say, like it or not you have to do what women like because they have half the 💰 and all the 🐱.

If I was married I would as a wife be happy
whatever the love in my life is giving to me

The only thing I would care is that you are still
with me and that you still care ...since you brought flowers
even if it would have been only 2 roses or any other flowers
*1 for me... and... one for you* ☺️☺️

Kind Intentions and thoughts that really counts :heart/flower

I agree but it made the wife happy and I got out cheap. For two and half dozen roses 50 bucks. There have been times in last 27 years I would have gladly paid a 1000.00 plus to get her off my azz.

Take me out to eat!! 😉💗

Oh I think it's stupid too, but I do a lot of stupid things to make the lady happy. And I will continue to do a lot of silly things to keep her happy.

As my pops used to say, like it or not, you have to do what women like because they have half the 💰 and all the 🐱.
Does that last sentence end the way it does, with a rather crude meaning? I sincerely hope I'm misjudging it, as I know no one here would be that crude.

Latest posts

Back