Another Civil War?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think in the coming years that we will be in a civil war

• Total voters
Totally different situation He is a city employee and the police department called him and basically authorized him to fill in because they were covered up and couldn't respond to the call.

It still doesn't give him the right to shoot first and ask questions later. ;)

The thought of another war of "aggression" sickens me. Civilians need to be better informed of the f eds plans and actions. Some of the guys I work with think I'm nuts when I tell them of what the possibilities are. They turn the blind eye. I hope more Americans of all parties and back grounds wake up and realize that WE are the powerful ones. We are the ones who set the rules. Don't know about you, but I've started reading up on the war of " Northern Agression". Been studying all the military battle plans and tactics they used. If it comes to a war, guerrilla tactics are the best bet. Hit and run. Ambush. Sabotage. These are what will win the war, if there is one. God save us from the insanity that infects so many.

The ( civil war ) thats coming will be in the form of riots , protest marches , boycotts etc. No two opposing armies, only pockets of violent resistance, chaos, martial law. How bad will it be ? Im prepping for the worst , just like i always have.....................the Watts Riot on a nation- wide scale , nightmare bad.

Regardless, it happened. Been a lifelong friend whom I trust my life with. Plus his story isn't the only one I've been told. I've got a lot of friends who have jobs within places that are reliable. I will leave it at that.
The powers that be are scared out of their wits of something. They are also prepping. So far I haven't any more of a clue as to what the endgame will be. I do feel ( just my personal gut feeling) that there will be a trigger that incites civil unrest. National guard, Homeland security, local law enforcement, and volunteer militia will step in to restore order. Anyone resisting will be shot, those who offer no resistance will be detained until order is restored. Their entire family actually. People will flee the city to escape the violence only to realize they can't go back and will do what they have to do in order to survive. That's where they become my problem and anyone else's who live in the country. I do think that people will do what they can to help someone out but there will come a point to where you have to choose between helping strangers or feeding your family. At that point it goes downhill unless order gets restored and people can go home.
I truly hope I'm wrong, but with what I've seen and been involved with its definitely plausible. The logic behind this is that the forces will concentrate on more densely populated areas to cover areas as efficiently as possible. I don't believe they will bother going door to door in rural areas. The refugees will take care of that for them. Plus there is a lot better chance of people in the country having strongholds and more weapons than most city dwellers. Like I said, this is all theory but It could happen. Hope I'm wrong

I wrote on another thread about pacification training police are going through. Used to be that for an officer to fire they had to not fire the first shot. Then it was fire if they draw on you or go for a weapon. It's headed to fire if you meet resistance. I've been meaning to call my friends in other states to see if they have been doing the same training in other states. If they are, that's scary.

Its good to see state and even more local government prepping. Here is a question everyone should ask....

I am in the military... If the government tries to pull some crazy ****, or wants to round people up, or take away firearms causing mass riots, or anything of that nature.... How many troops do you think will go ahead and turn in their families weapons? Or round up their own friends and family? Or strip their rights away? I am in the Air Force and have the benefit of talking politics with many many people. I am telling you one thing..... The only people that will aid the Govt in this are single people with no family or kids. I even talked to a commander (not specifying) and he said he would put all his military assets in the hands of the people and aid them if the govt did indeed try to burn the constitution.

You and your families will not be our war fighters but be ready to defend against those who mean you harm.....

My little Podunk town requested funds to purchase an "armored rv" it's a 6 wheel drive with 4" plate steel armor, flame thrower and all kinds of military type bells and whistles. They have purchased $10000 of ammunition recently and have over 10 crates of grenades and explosives in an underground shelter in a location out of city limits. Officers are being trained in pacification which seems to boil down to shoot first if any aggression is shown. Also building a civilian militia. Question is why? Answer. Guess we will find out soon enough but I don't believe we will like it.

I would like to see proof of this. Its fear mongering, nothing more. As a LEO for almost 25 years I want solid proof. If not your comments are nothing but garbage. Think about it.....most cops live in and are a part of the communitites of which we serve. We have families and friends we would fight with and die for. Its obvious you have an agenda against LE, nothing more.

I wrote on another thread about pacification training police are going through. Used to be that for an officer to fire they had to not fire the first shot. Then it was fire if they draw on you or go for a weapon. It's headed to fire if you meet resistance. I've been meaning to call my friends in other states to see if they have been doing the same training in other states. If they are, that's scary.

Show proof of this training. It does not exist. The training I have had for 25 years has been consistent for the use of force. We train to stop a threat. We train to survive a threat. If we were required to be shot at before using deadly force there would be a lot more funerals we would be attending. What is scary are your ignorant comments.

Show proof of this training. It does not exist. The training I have had for 25 years has been consistent for the use of force. We train to stop a threat. We train to survive a threat. If we were required to be shot at before using deadly force there would be a lot more funerals we would be attending. What is scary are your ignorant comments.

I know my training as a LEO teaches us to use the minimum force necessary to resolve an incident. Deadly force is used only as a last resort.

All I can say is it would not surprise me one bit if we did end up in yet another Civil War. However, unlike the first one I doubt race will have much to do with it. More like ideals and politics.

The American Civil War was caused by several reasons: 1) The economical & social difference between the Northern states versus the Southern states. 2) States rights vs Federal rights. 3) the fighting between the new states entering the Union on being Slave or Non Slave states along with the growth of the Abolition movement and believe or not, the election of Abraham Lincoln as President.

As I have said in my earlier post, a civil war would be fruitless without political and state backing, I'm not for mob rule and that's exactly what it would turn into and its that mob mentality that would turn the populist against any unrest, without the hearts and minds of the majority any uprising would be futile. Remember, the feds and MSM have already made us Vets into something the populist should fear (reason they want all Vets that filed PTSD disarmed) - reason why the government is purging Christianity from the military (removing the conscience) The MSM is feeding the feds propaganda in turning the tides against any and all that disagree! Those that up-rise against tyranny would be joined by those that want nothing more then to riot and loot blurring the line and message thus as far as the MSM goes, we are all rioters and looters that need to be put down at any cost and then it starts, the NG gets called curfew in place pvt johnny from hick town USA gets killed protecting the streets by a looter or a trigger happy Patriot wannabe - we have just lost the hearts and minds in hick town USA.

If you want to see a side of the Civil War and the aftermath that you probably have never heard about, read Holt Collier. Holt was Teddy Roosevelt's bear hunting guide that roped the "Teddy Bear" that Roosevelt refused to shoot. (and you'll get a VERY different side of that story too)

Of particular interest to me was the recounting of what happened immediately after the Civil War because it jives with stories handed down in my family. Federal troops were encouraged to loot homes, and they WERE the law! Holt was a member of the Delta Rangers, basically a group of vigilante guerrillas, that provided civilian protection in the Mississippi Delta during Reconstruction. The Delta Rangers kept the marauding Federal troops at bay by basically terrorizing them with hit and run tactics. (the KKK was originally formed for the same reason)

Here is where it really gets interesting...

Holt Collier was a former slave...who fought as a Confederate soldier, and received a pension as such from the State of Mississippi!

Latest posts

Back