as we all know.it's that time of year again..tax returns

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The AR is my only splurge for now. I got my checks in the mail, state and federal. Weird, as I had direct deposit set up. Oh well, at least I got them. I think most will just stay in savings for emergency. I like knowing that if my job was lost for whatever reason, I'd be ok for at least six months or more.

y'all lucky, I'm not paying this year (ya) though a first for a very long time the Wife is getting back more then she thought and since next month is our annual 'vet month' everything she getting back (and then some) is going on the dogs and horses
Sometimes I think, no, I'm sure, that raising animals is more expensive than just buying meat! Glad you don't owe anyways. I look foward to tax time as it's just a savings account to me now. Letting them hold a little extra each check makes the return kinda nice.

Sometimes I think, no, I'm sure, that raising animals is more expensive than just buying meat! Glad you don't owe anyways. I look foward to tax time as it's just a savings account to me now. Letting them hold a little extra each check makes the return kinda nice.

I never really looked at cost in raising our food being a deciding factor, it's always been a since of accomplishment, knowing were the food comes from and health. I never really liked store bought meat and eggs. My grand daughter going through 4-H and learning to shear sheep her friends mother knows how to spin wool so this summer she going to learn carding and spinning, Lisa looking for a spinning wheel to get for the grand daughter, I have been hammered in to getting some sheep. I never raised sheep and don't know how my dogs are going to handle it (the women run my life)

Last edited:
Sometimes I think, no, I'm sure, that raising animals is more expensive than just buying meat!

I guess that depends. Chickens for example, provide eggs AND meat. Goats can provide milk AND meat, as can cows. Especially when you consider the latter two eat GRASS. (though yeah, you supplement that).

Latest posts

Back