Cats .. all about only cats

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;) :D
463757536_852509257051955_5710035285759632114_n.jpg

''Bread Purrrrrdding Served"...?!?

Smart Kitty, Good Night...

iu

Sweet Dreams All :

iu

Morning routine in the house of Thumper... aka, "If the cat can't sleep Nooobody sleeps!"

4:00 AM

CAT: Gentle tap, tap, timid "Maow," tap, tap.

ME: Opens one eye, to see a pair of cat ears silhouetted in the dark, with two big black eyes, 6" from my nose. "It's 4 AM, go to sleep."

CAT: Tap, tap, "Maow." (I'm hungry, feed me or I'll never stop.) Takes blanket in her teeth and starts pulling it off.

ME: Gets up, puts slippers on wrong feet. Stumbles into kitchen. "You HAVE food!" Puts a fresh scoop on the mountain. Thumper rubs against legs, trying to trip me in the dark, not understanding that breaking my neck is counter productive. I totter back to bed. (Thumper gets 4 scoops, about a cup, twice a day, she is far from starving, so don't listen to her lies.)

Three minutes later...

"OOF." Cat jumps from headboard onto stomach, then leaps onto "Mommy" eliciting a scream. Jumps to window sill.

CAT: "I'm wide awake, let's play Zoomies on the bed!" Oof, ugh, ouch!

30 seconds later, all curled up, snuggled next to Mommy and purring.

I lay wide awake until 5, when I give up, and creep out of bed without waking the cat.

I remember a time when I was the Master of my house...

Morning routine in the house of Thumper... aka, "If the cat can't sleep Nooobody sleeps!"

4:00 AM

CAT: Gentle tap, tap, timid "Maow," tap, tap.

ME: Opens one eye, to see a pair of cat ears silhouetted in the dark, with two big black eyes, 6" from my nose. "It's 4 AM, go to sleep."

CAT: Tap, tap, "Maow." (I'm hungry, feed me or I'll never stop.) Takes blanket in her teeth and starts pulling it off.

ME: Gets up, puts slippers on wrong feet. Stumbles into kitchen. "You HAVE food!" Puts a fresh scoop on the mountain. Thumper rubs against legs, trying to trip me in the dark, not understanding that breaking my neck is counter productive. I totter back to bed. (Thumper gets 4 scoops, about a cup, twice a day, she is far from starving, so don't listen to her lies.)

Three minutes later...

"OOF." Cat jumps from headboard onto stomach, then leaps onto "Mommy" eliciting a scream. Jumps to window sill.

CAT: "I'm wide awake, let's play Zoomies on the bed!" Oof, ugh, ouch!

30 seconds later, all curled up, snuggled next to Mommy and purring.

I lay wide awake until 5, when I give up, and creep out of bed without waking the cat.

I remember a time when I was the Master of my house...
It's just a memory now😸

iu

Latest posts

Back