Cheese cake

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
I thought I had lost this recipe but stumbled across it

This is the best cheese cake I have ever ate

IMG_1019.png

I love cheese cake, DW walked me though the first Cheese cake I made. I wanted to pull it out & cut it, she said NO!
You have to let it cool in the HOT oven. I have got lazy in my old age, I do not need all the added sugar, so I eat the cream cheese like a candy bar or with sliced ham.
Cheese is high in fat & protein, low in Carbs, so it fits in my diet.

I tried to save it as a pdf, but it seems that the software has changed since I last did that. Maybe someone else can save it as a pdf.

Frodo’s cheesecake recipe

Imperial Cheese Cake

Graham Cracker Crust
1 ¾ cups crushed graham crackers
5 tablespoons butter
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt

Cheesecake
4 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Directions
1. Prepare graham cracker crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
3. Bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside while making cheesecake.
4. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth, scraping side of bowl as necessary.
5. Turn mixer on low and add sour cream and vanilla; mix well, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until just mixed. Don’t overmix. Pour mixture over crust and spread evenly.
6. Double wrap bottom of springform pan with foil to prevent water from getting into the pan.
7. Place springform pan into a baking pan and pour very hot water into baking pan, until ¾ inch deep. Be careful to make sure water level doesn’t come up higher than foil.
8. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes until the center is almost set.
9. Carefully run a knife around the rim to loosen cake. Allow cheesecake to cool at room temperature for at least an hour, then cover and transfer into refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.

I tried to save it as a pdf, but it seems that the software has changed since I last did that. Maybe someone else can save it as a pdf.

Frodo’s cheesecake recipe

Imperial Cheese Cake

Graham Cracker Crust
1 ¾ cups crushed graham crackers
5 tablespoons butter
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt

Cheesecake
4 (8 ounce) blocks cream cheese
1 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs

Directions
1. Prepare graham cracker crust. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar, and salt. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
3. Bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside while making cheesecake.
4. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth, scraping side of bowl as necessary.
5. Turn mixer on low and add sour cream and vanilla; mix well, scraping sides of bowl as necessary. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition until just mixed. Don’t overmix. Pour mixture over crust and spread evenly.
6. Double wrap bottom of springform pan with foil to prevent water from getting into the pan.
7. Place springform pan into a baking pan and pour very hot water into baking pan, until ¾ inch deep. Be careful to make sure water level doesn’t come up higher than foil.
8. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes until the center is almost set.
9. Carefully run a knife around the rim to loosen cake. Allow cheesecake to cool at room temperature for at least an hour, then cover and transfer into refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
Good, same as I posted above! I was hoping I didn't step on Frodo's toes!!

1726835280419.png
...?!? tofu, heck NO...!!!

I also have an amazing Cheesecake recipe:

Go to Cheesecake Factory.

Buy a cheesecake.

Take said cheesecake home.

Devour cheesecake.

Regret eating an entire cheesecake.

Work out.

Go back to Cheesecake Factory.

Repeat.

That is much more up my alley.