Cleaning inside of windshield

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Microfiber! Slightly dampen a microfiber rag, give the windshield, window, mirror, etc. a good going over, then follow up with a dry microfiber rag! Something funny (not always), my old truck has no heat or a/c. So when the windows fog up there is no way to clear them!! Long handle Swiffer duster to the rescue!!! People do look at you funny when you are using one to clear the windshield!!😃

I use the gadget below plus Windex.
1729546715640.png

I lay a towel over the dash (of my nice cars anyway) then use Safelight glass cleaner. The stuff is awesome! If you have free glass insurance it's worth breaking your windshield to snag a can. ;) :D

I just use garden variety glass cleaner and garden variety paper towels. I don't clean the inside of my windshields near often enough. Combine that with the outside of the windshield being pitted due to sand they put on the roads for ice and snow in the winter, and it gets pretty hard to drive around at night, with all the street lighting and oncoming headlights glaring off of the windshield.

I'll have to search around on Amazon to see if I can find your car windshield one.
OK. That was easier than I predicted. Just use Amazons search for "car inside windshield cleaner tool" and a bazillion of them pop up. I guess I must be the only person who didn't know about these already.

I justed use the gas station squeegee to do the inside as well as the outside. Maybe once every other year. I don't drive much.

Ben
Well yeah, I forgot about the old jeep. I just pull the floor drains and leave it outside when it rains. ;)

So helpful, thanks everyone.
It is reported that the offgassing and age of the materials on the inside of the vehicles will cause the "smoky" look that eventually makes it hard to see through. I keep forgetting to close my car up at night so i suppose keeping it aired out helps too.

Reactions: Neb
Last edited:
Bernard the fox hound has left some nose marks inside my windshield, but on the passenger side, so not as bad as if they were in my way.

The real challenge for me now is to remove the sticker for the toll roads. She is letting me use her car because she got a new one. But this sticker is a challenge. The toll road people are crooks, so she keeps getting mail from them. She cannot get a toll road sticker for her current car, because of the problems with the sticker on this car. I have worked and worked on it. I need a straight edge and rubber cement thinner.

A now decease friend of mine got a bill from them 6 months after she had driven on the toll road. I don't remember the amount, but hundreds, because it was so darned late. She couldn't believe it.

Latest posts

Back