College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mizzou handled Vanderbilt easily. No surprise. IMHO their true colors will come out the next two weeks when they play LSU and Kentucky. I was surprised at how badly Kentucky beat Florida. Is somebody overrated/underrated or did somebody just have a bad day? Georgia is still winning, but they don't seem to be as dominating as they have been. They are winning ugly.

Arizona lost to Washington, which was not a surprise, but the score was a lot closer than it should have been. They only lost by 7. Similar to Southern Cal and Colorado. I would expect a team ranked in the top 10 to beat an unranked team by more than a touchdown.

UT whipped S. Carolina 41-20. Dominated both lines of scrimmage. Got a little pay back for last year.
Sad note, they lost a top receiver on a GRUESOME ankle injury. Hauled him off on a cart and straight to the hospital.

LSU Ole Miss game was good in 1st half. Didn't watch it aft UT started. Glad to see Ky thump FL.

Saw the stats on the ms/lsu game this morning. 1343yrds of total offense! 3rd most in sec history. If you like run-n-gun it was fun to watch.

Got me wondering... how did bama hold ol ms to just 10 points last week? LSU is a good team and couldn't stop them. Thinking the bama D is a little better than I gave them credit for? They did look decent against ms st last night. If we only had a QB!

Big game coming up for us at 2:30...
Daughter is a TA&M alumni, and of course, we are also diehard Crimson Tide fans.
I guess the way to look it is.... we can't lose. :D :thumbs:

Another one bites the dust. Ok beat tx, didn't see that coming.

Watched the first half of the bama game... we still need a quarterback :(.
I'm still grinding my teeth wondering when they will figure out that trying to run the ball against the A&M defence is fruitless! gaah
...but as you said, the QB can't throw worth a spit either.:(

Missouri took it on the chin. Must have been a good game. LSU sealed the deal with a Pick-6 in the last minute. I doubt Missouri will be ranked after this week.

Mizzu played tough but didn't have the speed of lsu, especially the receivers.

Bama managed to win, somehow. We lost a safety, don't know how serious his injury. The D still looked good, 4 sacks and a take away.

Couldn't believe the penalties. 12 total for 99yds... but 9 were pre-snap penalties! I have never seen that many false starts, ever!!! Who does that? Saben better have them boys running laps till they drop. Once he has their attention he can teach them the 'snap count'.

Oh, only 23yds rushing? for the whole game? It helped they had over 300 in passing. Lets see... 99+23=122. There were several big plays called back too! Thats what penalties do! :mad:

Another one bites the dust. Ok beat tx, didn't see that coming.
Agreed, it was a good game, the first quarter was great!

Mizzu played tough but didn't have the speed of lsu, especially the receivers.

Bama managed to win, somehow. We lost a safety, don't know how serious his injury. The D still looked good, 4 sacks and a take away.

Couldn't believe the penalties. 12 total for 99yds... but 9 were pre-snap penalties! I have never seen that many false starts, ever!!! Who does that? Saben better have them boys running laps till they drop. Once he has their attention he can teach them the 'snap count'.

Oh, only 23yds rushing? for the whole game? It helped they had over 300 in passing. Lets see... 99+23=122. There were several big plays called back too! Thats what penalties do! :mad:

Was I reading more into it than was there or did there seem to be a lot of dissension on the Alabama side? They just didn't seem to be coming together as a team. Regardless, Saben still finds a way to win. Kudos for pulling a team together and winning ugly.

Arizona went three overtime periods before losing to USC. IMHO the PAC-12 is grossly overrated. The team that has really impressed me is Florida State. They have looked very, very good. They still have to play Duke and Miami, but if they keep it up they could run the table.

Was I reading more into it than was there or did there seem to be a lot of dissension on the Alabama side?

I wouldn't use the word dissension, it's more like a state of absolute confusion. They can't even line up and snap the ball. 9 penalties before the ball was snapped? Come on! This is training camp stuff! They looked like the first game of the pop warner season.

It goes back to the qb... remember jamis winston, played at fl state? Great athlete but not the sharpest knife in the drawer? The qb reminds me of winston. Couldn't manage the snap yet he threw for 300yrds! :mad:

I wouldn't use the word dissension, it's more like a state of absolute confusion. They can't even line up and snap the ball. 9 penalties before the ball was snapped? Come on! This is training camp stuff! They looked like the first game of the pop warner season.

It goes back to the qb... remember jamis winston, played at fl state? Great athlete but not the sharpest knife in the drawer? The qb reminds me of winston. Couldn't manage the snap yet he threw for 300yrds! :mad:
Yes, we remember the Alabama teams from the past that could go all the way to the playoffs, unbeaten.
For years, we always had the best QB in the country because Bama had bux.
And their center needs to be taken to the woodshed!:waiting:
The game before this one, he did that silly 'move the ball 2" before hiking' 3 times for penalties, and repeated it in this game.
I think someone is paying him to try to throw the game.:mad:

Just watched the West Virginia vs Houston. Great game, great ending... worth seeing if you can catch it being replayed.

1697307942495.jpeg

@Alaskajohn I stayed up and watched Stanford/colorado. It was a great game... When I saw a stanford receiver use the defenders head to catch the ball... Yep, Stanford was going to win...

Just watched Bama/Arkansas. Bama was great for the 2nd and 3rd quaters, not so much the rest of the time. Hey, its a win and we were a 19 point underdog.

Tennessee won an ugly game. Defense came through in the end. Good for them to find a way to win.

Washinton/Oregon was a great game. Both teams had their chances, and Washington prevailed. Two ranked teams that played up to their ranking.

Lots of good games to watch this weekend.

And the hits just coming :). Watching the LSU vs Auburn game...
I am certainly not an LSU fan, but if you grew up in Bama, you were taught to despise Auburn your whole life.

Guess I missed it. We just got home. Long day on the road.

It was a good game albeit a sloppy defensive struggle. Tennessee had 12 penalties, and A&M had 11. Tennessee threw an INT in the end zone, and A&M threw 2 INT's in the fourth quarter, the second one sealing the deal for Tennessee. Still a "W" over a good team.

Missouri/Kentucky is close. No other surprises in the top 10 other than Notre Dame beating USC handily. I could see that coming. If USC went three overtimes to beat Arizona they are grossly overrated.

Mizzu pulled out a little razzle dazzle at the end of the half. Had a fake 'down it' for a touchdown. And now they are up by 7 at the start of the 4th q. Kentucky is the better team but mizzu is playing with heart. This is a fun game to watch.

Auburn is looking rough against lsu. They should have phoned it in.

Felt bad for arkansas. Didn't have a first down from 6min into the first quarter to late in the 3rd. They did not look like the team that almost beat lsu. That was a heart breaking loss, maybe ruined their season? Bama fell apart in the 4th quarter, barely hung on to win. They started having pre-snap penalties, 3 i think. The qb suddenly couldn't hit the side of a barn with a pass. The defense held on for the win.

Watching Miami/North Carolina now. Very good game, both teams are ranked. North Carolina seems to be the better team but they are only up 21-17 about halfway through the third quarter. I didn't realize Mack Brown was still coaching. He has been around for a couple of hundred years.

It was a good game albeit a sloppy defensive struggle. Tennessee had 12 penalties, and A&M had 11. Tennessee threw an INT in the end zone, and A&M threw 2 INT's in the fourth quarter, the second one sealing the deal for Tennessee. Still a "W" over a good team.

Missouri/Kentucky is close. No other surprises in the top 10 other than Notre Dame beating USC handily. I could see that coming. If USC went three overtimes to beat Arizona they are grossly overrated.
Just looked at the stats. Out QB with the great arm was 11-22 with 100 yards and a pick. He is a bad qb with a good arm.

If Bama shuts down our running game next week. We'll get killed. We have a terrible time with penalties too. Defense is much better this year, and why we are staying in games. Pass rush has been very strong

Michigan vs MSU rivalry game today at 7:30 EST

Go Blue!

Is that the rivalry game? I know it wou;d be for the state of Michigan, but I thought the big rivalry for Michigan was with Ohio State.

Is that the rivalry game? I know it wou;d be for the state of Michigan, but I thought the big rivalry for Michigan was with Ohio State.
Yes we call it the rivalry game.

Latest posts

Back