College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bama plays LSU at 6:30 on CBS today.
Smack Talk = I was in the store a little while ago, lots of guys had on their purple LSU shirt.
One was facing me going by and I said: "I see you got your shirt on, Roll Tide! :D".
I thought he would blow a fuse, but he just looked sorry for me. :(
No, I was not wearing my Alabama shirt, that would be a sure way to get gang-raped:oops: .
Now you know why they call them the 'Tide'.
Game tied, and tied, and tied.
Definitely a nail-biter for both sides. :)

Missouri played Georgia tough for 3 1/2 quarters before fading. We will see how they rebound. They have Tennessee next week, which should be a really good game, then Florida and Arkansas.

Run Forest Run!!! Little too close after the half but the run game took over.

tide02.jpg

Missouri played Georgia tough for 3 1/2 quarters before fading. We will see how they rebound. They have Tennessee next week, which should be a really good game, then Florida and Arkansas.
I was rooting for Mizzu!!! Somebody needs to knock off GA. Guess that leaves Tn. They'll be at home which is a big deal.

Ok got bounced by Okst, tough cross state game. I always dread auburn, especially when they are crappy. Just makes them more dangerous.

Watching colorado now, and the az game.

I was rooting for Mizzu!!! Somebody needs to knock off GA. Guess that leaves Tn. They'll be at home which is a big deal.

Ok got bounced by Okst, tough cross state game. I always dread auburn, especially when they are crappy. Just makes them more dangerous.

Watching colorado now, and the az game.
Yep. When Bama plays Auburn, everything flies out the window. gaah
I remember one year when Bama was unbeaten and had beaten teams that had beaten Auburn. Piece of cake, right?
Auburn handed them their only loss that year:(.

I always dread auburn, especially when they are crappy.

With rivalries like that you can often throw records out the window. They are really unpredictable.

My brother predicted Arizona would beat UCLA. I can see the score but not the game. AZ up 14 early in the 4th qtr

Yeah the UT/Mizzu game should be interesting. We've got Ga after that.

Yeah the UT/Mizzu game should be interesting. We've got Ga after that.

Much like our schedule, we just had Georgia first and then you. You have us first, then Georgia. They don't make it easy, do they?

Are we losing anybody? Aren't Texas and Oklahoma joining the SEC next year? I can't keep up with it.

I think just those 2 showing up. But due to that the entire schedule is gonna undergo drastic changes. I hate it. I don't think any conference should have more than 10 teams, and they should fit due to location. And NO school should be unafiliated without a conference (Notre Dame).

Well we actually went and watched a CFB game in person! :oops:
The Ragin Cajuns vs Southern Mississippi.
Great game. Score was tied in every quarter, and it even went into overtime:oops:.
A lot different than what you see on TV, like when they go to kick an extra point, the ball starts on the 10-yard line.
The interesting thing will be to see how long it takes for my back to forgive me for sitting on an aluminum plank for 4 hours:(.

Well we actually went and watched a CFB game in person! :oops:
The Ragin Cajuns vs Southern Mississippi.
Great game. Score was tied in every quarter, and it even went into overtime:oops:.
A lot different than what you see on TV, like when they go to kick an extra point, the ball starts on the 10-yard line.
The interesting thing will be to see how long it takes for my back to forgive me for sitting on an aluminum plank for 4 hours:(.

Ha! I watched some of the game on tv! Sounds like you had a blast! I went to a hs game a couple years ago. Trying to get into bryant denny is a nightmare these days. You have to take shuttles, park miles away.

I used to go to a lot of race tracks and I've met mr. plank!!! A pain in the back alright! That's why i bought stadium seats. Small, fold open, has a back (which is great!). Even a locking pin to clip under the plank, can lean back. Makes the event much more enjoyable!

Funny, i even used a stadium seat on a canoe i owned. Clip it on and lean back. Had a trolling motor on the back, made a transom bolted with the eye bolt. With one person the canoe drove just like a bike. Just lean to one side or the other, put a foot up on each side for balance. A lot of fun, and comfortable.

Ha! I watched some of the game on tv! Sounds like you had a blast!
I used to go to a lot of race tracks and I've met mr. plank!!! A pain in the back alright! That's why i bought stadium seats. Small, fold open, has a back (which is great!). Even a locking pin to clip under the plank, can lean back. Makes the event much more enjoyable!
I can promise you, if I go again, I will have me one of those :thumbs:.
We got home at 11pm and I'm still waiting for meds to dissolve after midnight:mad:.
On topic: One of the refs was obviously biased. He threw a ton of flags on the Cajuns and zero on S. Miss. Oh, and a Cajun would run the ball over the goal line and the Miss players would shove him back across before tackling him, that ref: no touchdown :mad:.
The continuous boo from the crowd was deafening! :oops:

Last edited:
Looks like there will be some good games this weekend. Tennessee/Missouri tops the bill, but Ole Miss and Georgia should be good as well. Michigan/Penn State are both top 10 teams, and Washington/Utah are both top 20 teams. Even my humble Arizona snuck into the top 25. They have Colorado which they should win. I love this time of year.

Who is carrying these games? I don’t even know where to look. Sounds good, enjoy y’all’s banter. 🏈

I have a dozen sports channels with my satellite tv. There are 4 divisions of college football. Fcs - is d1, the big schools with big programs. Fbs - is d2, smaller schools.. then d3 and d4 for the tiny schools.

On weekends the networks and espn carry games. E spn and their affiliates carry games on week nights too. During the week e spn also replays some of the better weekend games. There are usually a couple games i missed seeing on the weekend because they aired at the same time as other games. I like being able to see some of the replays.

Also, sometimes on wed or thrus nights the games of smaller d1schools and d2 schools are played, sometimes d3 schools also. Usually broadcast on es pn.

Last night small d1 schools played, louisiana and southern mississippi.

O.K. I know it isn't Football, but this is big (for me). Arizona has had a much stronger Basketball program than Football for a long time. Tonight they beat #2 ranked Duke at Duke 78-73. Arizona was ranked #12, so they were no slouch, but still a big win.

O.K. I know it isn't Football, but this is big (for me). Arizona has had a much stronger Basketball program than Football for a long time. Tonight they beat #2 ranked Duke at Duke 78-73. Arizona was ranked #12, so they were no slouch, but still a big win.
Ill dog one of my co workers about that game after while. He's a big Duke fab

Should be a good game.

One of the few I will get to see. The team that has impressed me the most is Florida State. I have seen them a few times, and they seem to be the real deal. If they aren't in the championship IMHO they will be in the Final Four.

Harbaugh won't be on the sideline for the game. Just heard on game day. Ncaa ruling on... i give up on this one? it's turned into a mess.

I think they filed for an injunction if I heard correctly, and have not heard back yet.

Watched the first half of the Bama game. They were up 21pts before kentuck realized there was a game today. Kentuck played much better in the 2nd quarter.

Milrow, qb, got hurt, is limping. Still playing so that's good. Bama looks good overall.

Harbaugh won't be on the sideline for the game. Just heard on game day. Ncaa ruling on... i give up on this one? it's turned into a mess.

It didn't seem to matter. Michigan won pretty handily.

Just watched mizzu and tn. Hats off to mizzu, they played a great game. Tn... might be wrong... It's common for a team who gets the starch slapped out of them to look confused, to struggle. That's not what i saw. What i saw was a group of world class athletes that were no longer a team. Just guys going through the motions. There were some great individual efforts but there was no shared goals. A team keeps playing, especially during a losing effort. That didn't happen. The coach has to go... It's his job to build a team, he failed. imho

Back