College Football Smack Talk

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mizzou really shut down Tennessee's running game. The talking heads talked about it all day. When Tennessee rushes for 200+ they win. When they don't rush for 200+ they lose. We were the better team today. IMHO there was a huge incentive after getting embarrassed last year.

Looks like it will be another Georgia/Alabama SEC championship game.

Harbaugh won't be on the sideline for the game. Just heard on game day. Ncaa ruling on... i give up on this one? it's turned into a mess.
I slightly followed the headlines on this situation, but what makes me shake my head is .......
Ohio coach "Day has two younger brothers — Christopher and Tim. Each brother reportedly has a link to one of the two investigators.
Christopher Day even runs what is said to be a private investigator company in New Hampshire called 4th and 1 Investigations and Protective Agency.
Christopher Day even runs what is said to be a private investigator company in New Hampshire called 4th and 1 Investigations and Protective Agency.
"

The FBI is supposedly looking in to the computer hack for criminal charges. If they can find an electronic paper trail between the hackers and coach Day what will be his punishment?
https://larrybrownsports.com/colleg...-state-ryan-day-brothers-investigation/623418

Jimbo? That's surprising but then again it's not. He always grated some people the wrong way. Detractors have never been in short supply no matter where he coached.

I think a lot of coaches are having trouble adjusting to the new transfer rules. As if college ball didn't already have enough variables... There are going to be a lot of old coaches who simply can't adjust. Their days are numbered. Being good at 4 of 5 things will get you a job with some schools. But to compete for championships a coach has to be good at all aspects of the game.

I don't know how well saban is doing but in the local paper... he embraced it from the start and has people just to deal with it. But saban has always adjusted well to change. I think that's why he's been successful.

I slightly followed the headlines on this situation, but what makes me shake my head is .......
Ohio coach "Day has two younger brothers — Christopher and Tim. Each brother reportedly has a link to one of the two investigators.
"

The FBI is supposedly looking in to the computer hack for criminal charges. If they can find an electronic paper trail between the hackers and coach Day what will be his punishment?
https://larrybrownsports.com/colleg...-state-ryan-day-brothers-investigation/623418

Agreed... sleezy, plain and simple. There have been programs in the sec that were always trying to set up players on other teams. purposely tempting them just to damage the competition. It's why I won't listen to that slimy weasel Finebaum. He's been neck deep in some of that stuff, its how he made a name. Of course he was the first reporter to break the story, he was in it from the start, helped plan it. Even took the info to the ncaa rules committee himself.

Last edited:
The Bama game isn’t televised so I’m listening on the radio. Haven’t done that in a while. Listening to Eli Gold, long time bama announcer. I’m also watching ole ms/ulm and the louisville/miami games with the sound off. The miami game is a good one, tied up at the end of the 1stQ.

Bama is playing Chattanooga, was up 21-0 at the end if the 1stQ with 230yds of offense… It’s an almost bye week. Needed, bama plays auburn next and then GA.

Update edit... Bama up 52-10 at the end of the 3rd Q. I'm hearing names of kids playing i've never heard before... Think bama is letting kids from the student section play... 😁

Last edited:
Mizzu won early, ak was never in the game. At least they scored a couple times late, have some pride left.

Looks like Tx is going to the big 12 championship. Ttech was never in the game but they looked better losing than arkansas.

PennSt is blowing out mich st. Just caught the score... didn't see any of the game.

Bama and Auburn play tomorrow. I'm not pacing the floor yet, maybe an hour before game time but not yet... :Dancing Chicken: (finally got to use this silly emoji)

I did not know there was another Manning quarterback! He's a freshman at Texas! Name is Arch Manning, after grandpa Archie. The oldest son was a wide receiver, got badly injured at playing at ol ms. Arch is his son and said to be the best athlete in the family.

Anyway, he's playing now against Ttech, 4q, a blow out... 50/7

They have tried to make Missouri/Arkansas a rivalry game and failed miserably. Missouri's true rival was Kansas, and that was a hateful rivalry since before the Civil War (slave state vs. free state). Arkansas had a very disappointing year, but Mizzou will get a nice bowl bid.

Arizona/Arizona State play Saturday, and Arizona hasn't won since I can't remember. They have some serious catch-up to play, and some big Phoenix mouths to shut. If I was the Arizona coach I would try to score a hundred.

Really looking forward to Michigan/ Ohio State and Alabama/ Auburn.

looking forward to Michigan/ Ohio State
"The Game"

I'm ready, game, fresh pizza, bacon/ranch cheese sticks and real, ice cold Coke to wash it down with...............woot woot.

"The Game"

I'm ready, game, fresh pizza, bacon/ranch cheese sticks and real, ice cold Coke to wash it down with...............woot woot.
Today is the day that the entire state of Alabama grinds to a halt :oops:...
The Iron Bowl: Alabama vs Auburn. 2:30 on CBS.
When you come of age there, you must declare your allegiance to one or the other :waiting:.

When you come of age there, you must declare your allegiance to one or the other

Even when you don't they still won't let you off. If you say you aren't from there the next question you will get is "Well who (are) you for?" No getting around taking sides.

Yep, the nerves are tingling. Last week auburn got wiped by the Yucatan Yucks or some other no name school. Means nothing on rivalry weekend, anything can and does happen.
BTW, I am wearing my vintage 1992 National-Champs Alabama t-shirt :oops:.
...That's how special today is!:D:dancing:.

Last edited:
Omg... a squeaker! Way too much ref interference in the game, affected the score several times. It lived up to the billing of a rivalry game.

Got out with a win, i'll take it! The name is Bonds, Isiah Bonds... 😁

Unbelievable finish!! I can't believe they found a way to win.

Washington beat Washington State with a last play of the game field goal. They have to be the luckiest team in the top 10. Florida State beat Florida, so the top five shouldn't change much. Ohio State will drop, and Florida State and Washington will probably move up a notch.

Well Cur, are you breathing again yet
Yeah, it was a nail biter at the end, great game! I ended up watching the Washington / Washington State rivalry game as it came on right after "The Game", played in the snow, another good game.

I watched Washington/Oregon last night. Really good game and Washington prevailed. They will definitely be in the playoffs. Should be good games today: Georgia/Alabama. I would expect Michigan to dominate Iowa, but you never know. Florida State/ Louisville could be interesting since Florida State lost their #1 QB. Did I hear that their #2 QB was questionable also? That will even things up a bit.

What happens to Liberty? I think they are under suspension or something, but they have very quietly had an undefeated season, and won their conference championship last night. There aren't any big boys in Conference USA, but I would like to see what they could do against some better competition.

I despise the guy announcing the bama game, danielson. He doesn't like any team in the SEC. He especially doesn't like any sec team that wins, always rooting for the underdog. He has a special hatred bama. All of this is clear in what he says... Example... today he complained about a non-call on a pass play in the early 2nd quarter, a legit complaint.

But he was still complaining at the end of the 3rd quarter. Over an hour and a half of broadcast time and he's still yapping about that non-call. After half time he even involved the staff official in the discussion.

He must be in agony with bama up by 10... but he despises georgia almost as much as he hates bama. He needs to be banned from calling any sec game. Right now i have the game muted, tired of listening to his crap.

Great SEC title game.
Absolutely!
Milroe worked his butt off!
After the game in the interview with the girl, did anybody notice that Milroe is more than a head taller than Saban?
IMG_20231202_185110.jpg

Last edited:
A great title game! I expected nothing less! All those kids fought tooth and nail. Don't really care to listen to the pundits, they'll be talking about this for the next month!!!

AND if the game wasn't enough we got even better news! cbs will not be broadcasting SEC games next year! NO more danielson!!!!! 🎼 Happy Days are Here Again!!! :thumbs:

A 2-fer christmas present!!

I despise the guy announcing the bama game, danielson. He doesn't like any team in the SEC. He especially doesn't like any sec team that wins, always rooting for the underdog. He has a special hatred bama. All of this is clear in what he says... Example... today he complained about a non-call on a pass play in the early 2nd quarter, a legit complaint.

But he was still complaining at the end of the 3rd quarter. Over an hour and a half of broadcast time and he's still yapping about that non-call. After half time he even involved the staff official in the discussion.

He must be in agony with bama up by 10... but he despises georgia almost as much as he hates bama. He needs to be banned from calling any sec game. Right now i have the game muted, tired of listening to his crap.
Danielson hates UT as well. He is nothing more than a punk and a clown.
I worked all day then went to my mom and dads. Just got home in time to go to bed. No FB for me today

Back