Consew 220b.sewing machine.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have a used consew 220b sewing machine. It sat in our garage for several years. Recently I set it up. Filled the sump with fresh oil, got new thread and needle. Filled a bobbin. Try to sew but the upper thread keeps breaking. I've tried adjusting the tension, went over the threading diagram many times. Tried different thread. At the moment im trying tor sew t shirt material for a test.

Any thoughts?

I have a used consew 220b sewing machine. It sat in our garage for several years. Recently I set it up. Filled the sump with fresh oil, got new thread and needle. Filled a bobbin. Try to sew but the upper thread keeps breaking. I've tried adjusting the tension, went over the threading diagram many times. Tried different thread. At the moment im trying tor sew t shirt material for a test.

Any thoughts?
Too tight for the material?

Ben

Any thoughts?
Is it breaking up at the tension plates or down near the needle? If near the needle, put a new needle in it. The eyes of the needle wear and sharpen with use and will cut the thread. If up in the tension plates, might have to remove them and clean them but as importantly, clean the spring and possibly wipe it with oil too (just so it doesn’t rust). If it’s breaking somewhere else, then would have to diagnose from there.
One more thing: good quality thread? If thread is old or sun/heat damaged, it can break easily.
*I’m not familiar with that machine but have played with various sewing machines 😊

Any thoughts?
I wonder if the bobbin holder is adjusted correctly? Or if you have the bobbin in it in the right direction?

Latest posts

Back